***Offical ISU VS UCONN Postgame Thread***

Kanuto

Mar 16, 2014
Great base for next year with the returners. Who are we adding that will make a big impact?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That's why teams with great guards win in the NCAA Tourney.

We couldn't handle Napier and Boatwright at all. They got wherever they wanted whenever they wanted. Combine that with their hot shooting as a team, and we didn't have much of a shot.

But this Cyclone team is AMAZING to me. We had no right even being in this game at the end, but somehow there we were again. It felt like it should have been a 20 pt loss.

We were without one of our best players, we were ice cold all night, and UConn was hitting everything they threw up all night.... and yet somehow we were right there at the end again. Unreal to me.

Great season guys! Nothing to be ashamed of at all obviously. Can't wait until next year!

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Sad to see this season end. For what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, it was pretty special. Can't wait to see what next season brings!!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It doesn't matter if UConn didn't get our best tonight. That's not what the tourney is about. They played well, hats off to them--particularly the outstanding free throw shooting that put the game out of reach.

ISU battled all year--they're warriors. We're in great shape as a program moving forward.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Great season, by far my favorite Cyclone team. I think there have been lots of Cyclone teams with more talent, in fact I think on paper the last two teams were better. But this is the most mentally tough, gutsiest team I can remember. It's sad that we don't get to watch two all-time greats in Kane and Mel put on the cardinal and gold again. Those guys have been great and have carried us at times this season. They will be greatly missed. It's been a great run, and this season has been a tremendous building block for this program.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Im so Proud of this team and so Proud to be a Cyclone tonight. Great Season being the Big 12 Tournament Champs and another Banner to hang inside Hilton Coliseum.

My Prediction: Next year will be Better than this Year.

Its always Great to be a cyclone and this is just Greater than normal...Thanks Basketballers for a Great Season.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Anyone who bashes Kane or Melvin can go **** themselves.

This. Both are great Cyclones, acquitted themselves well, very proud of both of them. This was the most fun I ever had watching Cyclone basketball, got me through a long winter. Hell of a job out of these guys. We now have a nationally respected program thanks to their efforts and a great core of guys coming back.

Great year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought Morris shut him down. Daniels won this game for them.

Daniels was really good, I agree. Career night of course.

But I still think it comes down to their two speedy guards. We couldn't stay in front of them at all defensively all night. That puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the defense when two of their guards can break you down like that. They are SO quick.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
UCONN and ISU had 1 thing in common tonight for sure, they both beat the Cyclones. UCONN dominated us in the first half, and then we shot ourselves in the foot in the second when we had a chance to take the game back.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I am so proud of this team. Thanks for the great season. I will take 28 wins any time. Yes, it sucked to lose GN, but we made sweet 16. Reload for next year.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Good season, as for this game, it finally bit ISU in the *** to be down by double digits. If UCONN was shooting FT's at a normal rate ISU likely wins. UCONN made the big shots and ISU just ran out of time. Same thing happened multiple times this year, and while ISU came back, they need to stop putting themselves in that position. Ejim was just rushing things tonight. Free throws were why Iowa State lost. UCONN was the better team tonight. I think if ISU can get an immediate transfer at SG (Mason), ISU will be better next year. ISU fans make fun of Iowa's claim of depth, however, when Ejim and Kane have bad games, depth could have helped big time. Nader, McKay, Niang, Hogue, and possibly Lee with guards Morris, Long, transfer (Mason) will be good enough and deeper than this years team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron