Number of ISU fans at bowl game?

jtwilson

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The stadium holds almost 74,000, my estimate would have actual attendance ~40k. I would put ISU attendance ~20-25k.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I will tell you one thing, the bars and New Years party were glad ISU was there, because it was at least 95% ISU vs Minny fans.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
You'd think the bowls ticket office when selling via phone/online would ask which fan-base was being represented with each sale.

It wouldn't be 100 % accurate, but you could get a great gauge of where the tickets were going beyond the allotted 20,000 given to the schools.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
How will this affect there next bowl bid????

Well, I know the Insight Bowl people and the Phoenix Visitors Bureau love us.
Our cab driver said that the Insight "Fans Hall of Fame" basically consists of two schools - Kentucky, which I believe played there the year before ISU's first Insight game, and Iowa State.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
He was driving through West Texas late last night, crossing into Oklahoma. Probably not off the road yet. I'll see if can text it to me and I'll post it if he does.

Got some off my phone. One is when they got to their seats, the second is pregame, and the final is from the Minnesota side, club level.

Sorry about the poor quality, they were taken on a cameraphone. FG's crashed in Kansas City, he said he has some better photos on his camera he'll upload when he has full computer access. Enjoy!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Crowd was freak'n great last night.

. . .

I mean Thursday night... the last two days have more or less run together :SLEEP:

I had the 1 a.m. to sunrise at 7 a.m. driving shift... passed the Band buses in some lovely fog in West Texas about 3 or 4 a.m. (Silver Nissan Altima with CO plates and 4 ISU flags in the rear windows for any band members that were awake :biggrin:)

Lemme see if I can find my camera... ISU lower bowl was full and the upper deck was probably 1/4-1/3 full (it was hard to tell, people spread out more). I know locals came out for the game but we also had ISU fans on the Minnesota side (you could tell that post game :biglaugh:)

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Here is the best photo I have of the Iowa State side... I was in the club section so I reeeeeeeally didn't belong, so I didn't take the time to make sure I got a lot of good pictures.

Sorry band... you got cut off here. This doesn't show the corners - band to the left fans to the fight

This picture was taken a little after kick off in the 2nd half

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
What's up with those sections of non-ISU fans down low on our side??? Why wouldn't they allocate those to ISU fans first and then move others to the corners???

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
doesn't give a real good indication of all the Cyclone fans because the half was just ending but still looks solid! Way to represent!

Minnesota side at the same time.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What's up with those sections of non-ISU fans down low on our side??? Why wouldn't they allocate those to ISU fans first and then move others to the corners???

I wonder if those were the 'donated' seats.