Non-Confernce Update..

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
... It appears we are going to be playing @UMKC in December

Chris Fickett ‏@ChrisFickett
Clones fans: Iowa State to play UMKC at Municipal on Dec. 19. Kelly's in Westport on high alert

Tweet is from the assistant sports editor of the KC Star

D

DistrictCyclone

'Roo it up! I've always wanted to see a game in Municipal; pretty cool, historic place.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Any chance that's the women?

I sure hope they didn't dump Drake/UNI to play road games against low majors.

... It appears we are going to be playing @UMKC in December

Chris Fickett ‏@ChrisFickett
Clones fans: Iowa State to play UMKC at Municipal on Dec. 19. Kelly's in Westport on high alert

Tweet is from the assistant sports editor of the KC Star

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
As if i needed another excuse to head down and party it up in KC P&L..

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Really? I'm all about playing neutral games, but to be playing a lowly Division 1 program right in their backyard is not what we should be doing. A game in KC against, say Arkansas would be OK, but not a school that I had to look up to see what the UMKC stood for.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
This would be the equivalent of Minnesota coming down to Des Moines to play Grandview in Vets Auditorium.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I would be willing to bet it's our women. Bill promises all of our incoming freshman that he will give them a road game close to where they are from.
Emiah Bingley is from that area, and our women have played at UMKC before. I'd be shocked if this was our men.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
His follow-up tweet said ...

Last time UMKC played a BCS-level school in KC was a great moment in Jim Woolridge history, a 93-52 K-State loss on Dec. 30, 2003

Pretty sure he is talking about the Men.

D

DistrictCyclone

Really? I'm all about playing neutral games, but to be playing a lowly Division 1 program right in their backyard is not what we should be doing. A game in KC against, say Arkansas would be OK, but not a school that I had to look up to see what the UMKC stood for.

ISU fans would still outnumber UMKC "fans" (if there is such a thing) 20 to 1.

I see it as a nice treat for alums and fans in a city where we have a bunch to come see their beloved Clones without having to make the hike up to Ames.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ISU fans would still outnumber UMKC "fans" (if there is such a thing) 20 to 1.

I see it as a nice treat for alums and fans in a city where we have a bunch to come see their beloved Clones without having to make the hike up to Ames.

Against UMKC, on a Wednesday none the less, is not going to draw many. Its 4 days after the Big 4 Classic, so there wont be hardly any die-hard fans making this trip.

D

DistrictCyclone

Against UMKC, on a Wednesday none the less, is not going to draw many. Its 4 days after the Big 4 Classic, so there wont be hardly any die-hard fans making this trip.

Would you go if you lived in the KC area? I sure as hell would, even if we were playing Rockhurst High at a playground.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Looks like they finished last in the Summit League last year at 4-14. They return 2 of their top 3 players, and they do have a Kirk Korver form Pella on the team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron