NO RESPECT - I want the season now!

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Here is a Power Ranking of the Big 12 conference from the blogger over at ESPN. Where are we, dead last, behind the powerhouse Baylor. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but we won 2 conference games last year to BU's 0. But we have too many question marks to crawl out of the cellar? I want this season to start so we can start the shoving this crap down the collective thoats of these so called experts. AAAHHHH!!!!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-140/Big-12-power-rankings--Missouri-takes-top-spot.html

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Yeah, its downright embarrassing for the sportswriters themselves to be placing us below Baylor. Not embarrassing to us.....to them, for ranking us like that.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
We should just cancel the season now, seeing as how everyone is picking us last in pretty much all the publications. *SARCASM*

That said, they don't play the games on paper folks.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Absolutely, I wrote this because I am so ready for the season to start. Then I can stop reading junk like that and smile once we're wiping the field with the opposition.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
We won't get any respect until we earn it with wins. I think Baylor beat us the last time we played?

It wasn't too long ago Missouri and Kansas were both in our shoes. They seem to have changed things and we will too.

Reactions: cyingreen

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
We won't get any respect until we earn it with wins. I think Baylor beat us the last time we played?

It wasn't too long ago Missouri and Kansas were both in our shoes. They seem to have changed things and we will too.

Who won last time we played K State? Like I said before, it doesn't bother me but it is indeed disrespect to rank us last.

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
Hacks for sure. Most do not even do their own research. They just follow the schools they like or get paid to write about, and paraphrase others work. I believe Ivan did this analysis for ESPN. Even in Stewart Mandel's book last year he admitted that he gets 90% of his info from others input or more shockingly ESPN late night highlights. That is why "cinderella" teams exist. Then these sports writers can cover their behind for missing a team that works hard and it shows on the field.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Who won last time we played K State? Like I said before, it doesn't bother me but it is indeed disrespect to rank us last.

Who won the ISU-Colorado game last year? Dienhart was on Marty and Miller today and said very little about the Cyclones. Everytime M&M went to talk about ISU and Chizik, Dienhart changed the subject. I dont know what to expect out of this season the team may only win 3 games, but I have a feeling they will come to play and leave it all on the field making us all proud and feeling good the future of the program.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Guys if you're outside looking in at ISU, you're seeing a really young team with a new quarterback and the loss of of some key defensive players(Ace Bowen). I can't blame them(I don't agree with them!:skeptical:)

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Dienhart has been PO'd ever since we canned McCarney. Mac was buddy/buddy with Dienhart, and Dienhart was the one making the rounds on the radio stations in late 2006 yapping about how there was no way we could ever get a better coach than McCarney. Seriously, screw that guy, don't listen to ANYTHING he says about or even remotely relating to ISU, because its biased trash.

And BTW, read through some of the user comments in that ESPN link. They're the good ol' "kick ISU out of the Big 12" type comments.

Here's one: "
yeah, but id take them over isu. or maybe we could give isu for illinois. haha, too bad they wouldnt come here since the big ten is getting worse "

There are plenty more where that came from.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
And BTW, read through some of the user comments in that ESPN link. They're the good ol' "kick ISU out of the Big 12" type comments.

Here's one: "
yeah, but id take them over isu. or maybe we could give isu for illinois. haha, too bad they wouldnt come here since the big ten is getting worse "

There are plenty more where that came from.

Why do people have to be that way? Is ISU the little brother of the Big 12 also? Granted we are not Texas but we have won a few things in the conference. Comments like this will make it so much sweeter when McD and Chizik get things rolling.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Well, we play UNLV, Kent State, and Baylor from that list (latter 2 on the waiting list). I hope that we get 3 wins there, plus a few more.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The last time I remember the media getting all Jazzed for ISU was 2006. They're probably waiting for us to do something before they jump back on board.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron