Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
If any of this is true he should be gone. I think it will need to be corroborated by other players first though. In the back of my mind, I've always wondered why Fennelly primarily recruits white players.

Because we live in Iowa. The Midwest in general isn't exactly a shinning example of diversity.

DoctorUncle

May 30, 2015
Yes, that type of thing makes all the happy little snowflakes sad.

I'm not sure Bob Knight is the guy you want to bring up in defense of your embattled coach. And spare me the coddled kids stuff. NOBODY should ever have to endure being humiliated and berated by anyone, in any circumstances, ever. That type of behavior is bad parenting, bad coaching, bad teaching, bad management and nobody should have to stand for it.

Bob Knight was, is, and forever will be an *******. Just because he gets results doesn't make him any less of one.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
And where was the AD during this? What controls are in place to prevent abuse or these types of allegations?

Not pointing fingers by any stretch, but what polices and procedures does our school have in place and were they not followed?

I'm certain Moody's attorney has those questions already prepared in interrogatories to Pollard. If Pollard had any prior notice of other complaints, ISU could be in trouble if they did not to address the matter with Fennelly.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Yes, that type of thing makes all the happy little snowflakes sad.

Sorry if I'm anti-*******. But ******** ruin people's lives and in general make the world a much less pleasant place. Down with ********.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
And thats a good thing.

Like someone else mentioned it depends on the person.

I personally loved how Coach Skladany was an *** to us LB's. That had more of an impact on me personally than if he would have not been an ***, but i know others who hated him because of that.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Lots of hot takes on this from people who have no clue what went on between Nikki and Fennelly

But everyone has to have an opinion.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If any of this is true he should be gone. I think it will need to be corroborated by other players first though. In the back of my mind, I've always wondered why Fennelly primarily recruits white players.

Fran McCaffery takes offense to this post.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm certain Moody's attorney has those questions already prepared in interrogatories to Pollard. If Pollard had any prior notice of other complaints, ISU could be in trouble if they did not to address the matter with Fennelly.

And moody could be in trouble if she had some issues that she didn't tell her attorneys about.

Bill has had plenty of players leave. He's rarely suspended them.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I personally loved how Coach Skladany was an *** to us LB's. That had more of an impact on me personally than if he would have not been an ***, but i know others who hated him because of that.

I think the line is where it gets personal. You want to be tough on someone for their on field\court failings? Sure. Make it personal and involve things beyond that and you've got a problem.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Sounds like she's also accusing Fennelly of cheating too. Quote from Hines said they wanted players in majors they could manipulate.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015

Being an ******* isn't a good way to do anything. Sorry.

Dale

Mar 5, 2010
Chicagoland
It's possible we're all burying the lede here, because this line from Hines' Twitter feed could possibly have NCAA repercussions for all sports (if proven true): "Moody's lawsuit also alleges that ISU athletic dept. 'only wanted athletes to pursue majors that could be manipulated by athletics staff.'"

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This is the type of situation where you can really look foolish if you jump to conclusions and speak your mind one way or another... I think it'd be best to let this play out before commenting.

The only thing I'll agree with is that nothing good will come out of this, regardless of the outcome as far as Iowa State is concerned.

Lots of hot takes on this from people who have no clue what went on between Nikki and Fennelly

But everyone has to have an opinion.

BINGO.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Not a good look. Not a good look at all. Regardless of the validity of the claims. With an AD trying to build on momentum of recent years, a racism/player well-being scandal is the last thing we need.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's possible we're all burying the lede here, because this line from Hines' Twitter feed could possibly have NCAA repercussions for all sports (if proven true): "Moody's lawsuit also alleges that ISU athletic dept. 'only wanted athletes to pursue majors that could be manipulated by athletics staff.'"

yeah that is interesting. I just figured that was assumed at this point.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Bill has a long-time assistant coach, Latoya Schaben, who is black. Not saying Moody's claims aren't accurate, but if she is claiming he treated black players differently, what does it mean that Bill has had Coach Schaben on staff?

Like I said before, I think it will be difficult to prove he is racist. But the big thing coming out of this will be how hard he is on his players in general. It appears we have people on both sides of whether that is a good thing or bad thing for the student-athletes. Iowa State fans are aware of Bill's coaching tactics, but this will become a big deal to the general public. And like everyone has mentioned, this type of news is not good for ISU women's bball specifically, and ISU as a whole.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Well that should be easily verified or proven false.

On a different but same note though, it is pretty cool that 2 Senior Football players are Aerospace Engineering majors.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron