Niang Ranked as 7th best NBA prospect in Big XII

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Look at these stats of a 4th year SR who's SR year was played under Fred after being coached by someone else and tell me if you think they make an NBA team.

6-9 PPG
35-43% FG shooter
22-35% 3 Pt shooter

Please be serious. Does that look like someone going into their SR year that's going to make an NBA team?

And Diante Garrett isn't a contributor on ANY NBA ROSTER. Come talk to me when he is playing night in, night out and getting at least 15 min. a game.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Look at these stats of a 4th year SR who's SR year was played under Fred after being coached by someone else and tell me if you think they make an NBA team.

6-9 PPG
35-43% FG shooter
22-35% 3 Pt shooter

Please be serious. Does that look like someone going into their SR year that's going to make an NBA team?

Are we using made up stats for Diante Garrett now?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Still don't understand why sending someone to the NBA really only means something if they are a major contributor or avg certain mpg. Hoiberg says I can get you to the league and he has shown he gives people the opportunities, it's up to them after that.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Would this be a draft pick or NBA contributor to you?

SeasonGPMPGPPGFG%3FG%FT%APGRPGBPGSPG
2012-134035.211.839.329.469.47.35.00.52.7

If that is his only year, who knows.

I'm talking about a 5th year SR. Everyone knows what the kid can do, the NBA has seen him, and says ho hum.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Look at all the big-time contributors the Big Ten is sending to the NBA .

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I'm talking about a 5th year SR. Everyone knows what the kid can do, the NBA has seen him, and says ho hum.

It's not, Carter Williams was a 2 and done and his first year was less impressive numbers.

And, Kane is already popping up on mocks:

hawks.gif
Atlanta Hawks: DeAndre Kane, G, Iowa State, 6-4, Sr.
IowaState_logo.gif

A transfer from Marshall, DeAndre Kane is a versatile guard who should get added exposure this season at Iowa State.

It may be ho-hum, but at least there is some hum.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Who says ho hum about Deandre Kane? He's gotten a ton of hype since coming to Ames.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Look at all the big-time contributors the Big Ten is filling the NBA with.

Seriously, a Hawkeye fan is on an ISU board arguing about sending players to the NBA when their coach hasn't sent one yet in his head coaching career...is this real life?

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
It's not, Carter Williams was a 2 and done.

And, Kane is already popping up on mocks:

hawks.gif
Atlanta Hawks: DeAndre Kane, G, Iowa State, 6-4, Sr.
IowaState_logo.gif

A transfer from Marshall, DeAndre Kane is a versatile guard who should get added exposure this season at Iowa State.

Sighhhhh. How many 46 picks hang around the NBA? For instance how did Huluska's career go?

Anything is possible, but the odds are Kane won't ever be an NBA contributor, much like Huluska never was.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I should clarify then: I don't think either roster has a player that is going to be drafted and actually make any kind of impact in the NBA, like a (Evans, Ricky Davis ). The rosters could very well have a couple Huluska's or Garretts.
Reggie Evans is a fantasy player. At times last year he was getting 20 rebounds a night in the NBA. Of course, he grabbed a lot of underwear when he did.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Seriously, a Hawkeye fan is on an ISU board arguing about sending players to the NBA when their coach hasn't sent one yet in his head coaching career...is this real life?

Read the thread. I said neither roster has a NBA contributor on it. Plus big deal, what difference does it make to Fred, ISU, or you if Kane is a NBA contributor or not?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I never understood why people get upset when one of their players isn't thought to be NBA quality. I mean some of the all time great college players never did squat in the NBA. Totally different game.

That said, I don't think EITHER Iowa or Iowa St. has an NBA player on Scholarship right now. Niang, Ejim, White and Basabe just aren't big enough to play the 4 and are not quick enough for the 3. Kane and Marble don't have the handle for the PG position in the NBA, and aren't good enough shooters to play SG. Even Woodbury at 7'1 doesn't look like an NBA player. He does have time to develop and he is 7'1, so I wouldn't totally write him off. All it takes for a 7'1 guy is a good SR year, and he could be drafted.

You said ISU doesn't have an NBA player on their roster, which I believe is wrong. I now realize you only classify an NBA player as someone who averages certain mpg for some reason. I consider someone who is on an NBA team and NBA Player

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
You said ISU doesn't have an NBA player on their roster, which I believe is wrong. I now realize you only classify an NBA player as someone who averages certain mpg for some reason. I consider someone who is on an NBA team and NBA Player

Fair enough. You could argue non stop about boarderline players like Marble and Kane. Will either make a NBA roster? Who knows, they could. Will either actually contribute in the NBA? I doubt it very, very much.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fair enough. You could argue non stop about boarderline players like Marble and Kane. Will either make a NBA roster? Who knows, they could. Will either actually contribute in the NBA? I doubt it very, very much.

Agreed. Hoiberg is selling you the opportunity to be a contributor in the league. Getting you drafted or on a summer league team is what he provides and if I was a recruit I'd love to know that

Help Support Us

Become a patron