New Uniforms Revealed

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

When you read this, it says "a" football game. When you read the new website it says during the season.

I am sure it means for "A" game during the season. But I think it would be cool to do a complete set in throwback style for the entire season. Whites, Cardinals, Golds, Blacks, in that style. Maybe Im off base, especially if they really make them classic looking. And we can use them how we do our regular sets. Then of course retire them after the year.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
When you read this, it says "a" football game. When you read the new website it says during the season.

I am sure it means for "A" game during the season. But I think it would be cool to do a complete set in throwback style for the entire season. Whites, Cardinals, Golds, Blacks, in that style. Maybe Im off base, especially if they really make them classic looking. And we can use them how we do our regular sets. Then of course retire them after the year.
That would actually be kinda cool and could definitely be sold to the fans since it is such an important anniversary for the football team and university.

It's going to be for one game I'm sure but it's a shame all the work that goes into these that is only used once.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Looking at the new Jack Trice web site I noticed the trademark symbol on the Trice stripe logo. I think this was discussed that ISU should trademark it, and whether or not they could because of the historical use. But I see they were able to. This is the first I noticed the trademark on it. Cool that we got it. Maybe I have missed it before, but it was noticeable on the site now.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Looking at the new Jack Trice web site I noticed the trademark symbol on the Trice stripe logo. I think this was discussed that ISU should trademark it, and whether or not they could because of the historical use. But I see they were able to. This is the first I noticed the trademark on it. Cool that we got it. Maybe I have missed it before, but it was noticeable on the site now.
There is a lot more historical use of the word "The" but Ohio State trademarked it...

• Funny
  • Haha
Reactions: t-noah and 2speedy1

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A gray mask would look good here
I gave your post a "Disagree" ... I don't like to do negatives without some elaboration.

Gray negates the overall look or, more accurately, adds 4th element that isn't necessary. I don't think we need to use gray mask for any combo.

It could work with a white or gold mask, but I like the cardinal as presented. A lot depends on what we'd choose for jersey & pants and if we added a jersey with white numerals (or used gold pants). But that's expanding the concept; helmet itself is a cool alt overall.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I gave your post a "Disagree" ... I don't like to do negatives without some elaboration.

Gray negates the overall look or, more accurately, adds 4th element that isn't necessary. I don't think we need to use gray mask for any combo.

It could work with a white or gold mask, but I like the cardinal as presented. A lot depends on what we'd choose for jersey & pants and if we added a jersey with white numerals (or used gold pants). But that's expanding the concept; helmet itself is a cool alt overall.
I don’t disagree with your disagree. Mine was a knee jerk reaction - I think the gray is classic - San Fran uses it and it looks nice.

Help Support Us

Become a patron