New look uniforms coming....

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i think the only thing i would like to really change on our unis is on the red uniforms make the #'s gold and make the stripe on the side more yellow and maybe not a strait line..

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think many of us could live with our current uniforms if we could just change the helmet logo. Am I correct on this?? We need something simpler/more classic.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I think many of us could live with our current uniforms if we could just change the helmet logo. Am I correct on this?? We need something simpler/more classic.
I agree the current logo in the helmet is hard to see on T.V. The problem nationally with ISU is the fact that there are other schools with the same letters. Illionis State and Indiana State. Is there an Idaho State?
I was in the Honolulu airport last month with an ISU shirt on, even with the cy logo, and he asked if I was an Illinois State fan.
The throwback helmet with just ISU wouldn't work like it does for LSU for example.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
A very good source has told me new look Cyclone football uniforms will be rolled out in the near future. I'm guessing this will be a way to build on the momentum that has already started. I don't know what the changes will be, but am very confident they are coming. Uniforms don't win games, but they can certainly help in the marketing effort.

:angry6wn: I vaguely remember discussing this topic a while ago, and someone, (I can't remember who), said that uniforms were already on order for next year so we wouldn't have a new design. Maybe Im mistaken, tho'.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Just because our current logo is "too busy" is not why it is not prominent, The longhorn on the side of the Texas helmet was made what it is by Texas' thriving history and national exposure by national championships and conference championships. If Texas does that with a twister and a bird on their helmet, Every other 14 year old is wearing that on their tee shirt tommorow because it is powerful. WE have to make our logo into what it is, not constantly try to change it in seek of instant recognition. Maybe i am the only one, but i Love our current Unis, i love our logo, i love being excited for football, i love our AD and Coach Chizik right now, But win, and win again and that very "busy cyclone" logo will become much more, a logo that people can learn and love to respect. We dont need to be like every other team out there besides the winning.. Stay different, its much more recognizeable.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
:angry6wn: I vaguely remember discussing this topic a while ago, and someone, (I can't remember who), said that uniforms were already on order for next year so we wouldn't have a new design. Maybe Im mistaken, tho'.

Actually that came from Pollard. He mentioned in an email that the uniforms for this year had already been ordered by the previous staff. I suppose its possible that Mac might have made changes but I truthfully don't know why he would.

Regardless I'm looking forward to the new team threads:biggrin9gp:

cyclonedcm

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
If you pay a new coach a million dollars, he's going to have the ability to get new uniforms... I believe that if he doesn't want the uniforms ordered, he'll get different ones.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Just because our current logo is "too busy" is not why it is not prominent, The longhorn on the side of the Texas helmet was made what it is by Texas' thriving history and national exposure by national championships and conference championships. If Texas does that with a twister and a bird on their helmet, Every other 14 year old is wearing that on their tee shirt tommorow because it is powerful. WE have to make our logo into what it is, not constantly try to change it in seek of instant recognition. Maybe i am the only one, but i Love our current Unis, i love our logo, i love being excited for football, i love our AD and Coach Chizik right now, But win, and win again and that very "busy cyclone" logo will become much more, a logo that people can learn and love to respect. We dont need to be like every other team out there besides the winning.. Stay different, its much more recognizeable.

I think one problem is we have too many different logo's that are seen around. ISU just needs to start using ONE logo. With Texas, Oklahoma, and even Iowa they only have one logo and use it on everything. I really think ISU needs to start doing this my favorite out of the new logos is Cy in the twister with no letters and his arm extended.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Simple Simple Simple....red on red/white on white

Bob, I kinda like the helmet. maybe just alittle larger cyclone.

when i look at Oregon, VA Tech, OK State...i think of wannabe's that are trying to build a program on their uni's.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
disagree. One part is good teams the other is ability to recognize the logo and understand what it means from the stands or from the tv...you cannot with ours. If you didn't know it said ISU you wouldn't be able to read it and you couldn't tell what the picture was unless someone told you. Good logos even for mediocre teams need to be simple and recognizable from a distance.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
so what...remove the "ISU" from the helmet and just have the cyclone logo? That would be pretty cool.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
So, we want our helmets to be unique and easily-distinguished, but our jerseys to look more like other teams' jerseys?

goldmember

May 31, 2006
So some here think a red logo on a red helmet makes sense? Our logo is terrible. A balanced, clean, and simple looking logo with a mono color scheme needs to be created so it looks good on everything.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I kind of like the red on red but from time to time I want something different. White on white for road games is fine. But gold pants for one game a year would be awesome (Nebraska last year, Texas this year). I agree that something needs to happen with the helmet. It just doesn't work. The logo on there is fine but the background needs to be gold. If I had my choice I would use the logo with no words.

PS just imagine that Cy is turned over and is going forward on the helmet.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I had some fun on niketeam.com making my "dream" unis. The next post will contain the home uni, the road uni, and the alternate uni (all parts are interchangeable).

Last edited:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
IF we were to change.. IF... id like this..

isujhzj2.jpg

isujaki8.jpg

Last edited: