New look uniforms coming....

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
A very good source has told me new look Cyclone football uniforms will be rolled out in the near future. I'm guessing this will be a way to build on the momentum that has already started. I don't know what the changes will be, but am very confident they are coming. Uniforms don't win games, but they can certainly help in the marketing effort.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
please please please... take the navy out of the school colors please!

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
PLEASE let it be gold helmets...im talking like notre dame/49er gold...not yellow

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
what if we just looked like the 49ers of old.
bret meyer=joe montana
todd blythe=jerry rice
jj bass=roger craig
alvin bowen=ronnie lott (i know hes not a safety but lott was an animal)

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
I'm guessing roll out will be in the Spring..next couple of months when the real push on season tickets begins. Definately, not in the winter weather.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
new unis could help season ticket sales. maybe they will use it as a last minute push in july.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
Can't we just pick somthing? How many differant unis have we had in the last few years?

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
My source told me the guys will be playing in the buff this year. I gotta feel sorry for Brett if we run anything other than shotgun.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
My source told me the guys will be playing in the buff this year. I gotta feel sorry for Brett if we run anything other than shotgun.

Thank you for that, my nice cold beverage is now all on the front of my shirt. :biggrin9gp:

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I would've liked the idea of gold helmets once upon a time, but unless JP is going to revamp the whole logo package, I don't see that happening. Not so sure any of our current logos would look good on gold. All that having been said, I'm starting to want the navy blue accent to go away and stick with cardinal and gold. And that will only happen with a logo revamp.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I think we should go w/ Yellow as the primary color, w/ wide white letters, socks, facemasks... just a little red for trim in the logo on the helmet and outline the letters... I'll draw it up quick....

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I dont see why this keeps coming up really... Pollard has said it more than once that the uniforms will remain the same... and we didnt go to a bowl game this year, they replace the jerseys when we do get a bowl game and the players get to keep the old ones.. So i just dont see any logic in us spending cash on a new uniform, the players like the current uniform and we have only had them since 03, red on red since 04... Maybe it is true, but with Pollard saying that its not happening so many times, then i just dont see it happening, were trying to take it to the next level on the stadium, maybe when the stadium is renovated, then maybe just maybe we could pan out for a new look. but thats just my .02

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I dont see why this keeps coming up really... Pollard has said it more than once that the uniforms will remain the same... and we didnt go to a bowl game this year, they replace the jerseys when we do get a bowl game and the players get to keep the old ones.. So i just dont see any logic in us spending cash on a new uniform, the players like the current uniform and we have only had them since 03, red on red since 04... Maybe it is true, but with Pollard saying that its not happening so many times, then i just dont see it happening, were trying to take it to the next level on the stadium, maybe when the stadium is renovated, then maybe just maybe we could pan out for a new look. but thats just my .02

so when do you think they will release these jerseys to the public? spring? summer?? will they wear them for the spring game???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron