New CyHawk Trophy

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Well, I'll be bringing some matches and a small bottle of lighter fluid with me to the game. I hope we win the game just so I can burn this trophy back to hell where it belongs.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
The only thing that they could have done to prove they are even more out of touch is to have the basket full of potatoes, as in, we thought this was for the Idaho - Idaho State game!!!

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
setting up 2 petitions was a mistake; at this point it's probably more effective to write on their contact us page

If I would've known the first website had such issues I wouldn't have used it, but it looked the most professional. Anyway I closed the original one and removed all links to it. But I would second your thought about contacting Iowa Corn Growers directly, both will be effective.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
“The scene of a family talking after a day’s work is representative of our state,” ISU athletic director Jamie Pollard said.
It's ******* ******** is what it is, Jamie. Will this trophy make losing the game feel better? I think so. Atleast we wouldn't have to have that turd pile in our trophy case for a whole year.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
If I would've known the first website had such issues I wouldn't have used it, but it looked the most professional. Anyway I closed the original one and removed all links to it. But I would second your thought about contacting Iowa Corn Growers directly, both will be effective.

This is the lady on the press release for communications. Not sure if that's the right place to start, but it is a start:

For More Information:
Mindy Williamson
Iowa Corn Director of Communications and Public Relations
515-225-9242

heshwar

Apr 11, 2006
It's a corporate trophy that represents the interests of the sponsor. We live in a new world people - catch up.

I get that. But look at the Iowa Corn logo behind them. If they had put the state of Iowa with a corn kernal and sun rays at the top it would be 100% better. Even better for them its their logo!

isume6

May 22, 2011
OKC
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. How in the world did the powers that be let this happen???? There is no one living thing in the entire universe that would think this is a good design. :shocked:

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Absolutely horrible. I don't know what the people were thinking when they chose that design. So many things they could have done and they chose that. They could have just had a trophy with the two men that the respective stadiums are named after, how much better would that have been? This has no relevance to the football game it was just a chance for whoever is sponsering the thing to push their agenda.

This is a great idea. You could even put some corn in between Jack and Nile because that's what's between the schools, and it also happens to be the name of the freaking sponsor of the thing!

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
Of the 213 votes on their poll 200 voted they hate it. Pretty strong statement is being sent to the Iowa Corn Growers on this disaster.

The 13 that voted they like it must work for Iowa Corn Growers or are the ones that came up with this stupid thing.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
This thing is absolutely getting killed on twitter.

Follow @daviddubben, @DanBeebe, and @McMurphyCBS for some comedy.

Here is Fake Beebe's latest:

The new ISU-Iowa trophy has given me an idea for Texas A&M this fall. The trophy will be a Texas family searching for the LHN on their TV.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
We're always looking for ways to get national exposure. I really like the idea of the loser getting the thing. That would make headlines. The winners run out of the stadium celebrating while the losers trudge over to the sidelines and argue over who has to carry the POS out.

hahahahahh...that would be the ultimate humility, making the opposing head coach walk over and pick that thing up. This is a GREAT idea.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
hahahahahh...that would be the ultimate humility, making the opposing head coach walk over and pick that thing up. This is a GREAT idea.

I'm envisioning a locker room scene ala Texas last year where CPR throws the game ball against the wall after the victory. Except in this instance, he'd throw that monstrosity against the wall while yelling "THIS IS CYCLONE FOOTBALL!"