New CyHawk Trophy

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
This is the lady on the press release for communications. Not sure if that's the right place to start, but it is a start:

For More Information:
Mindy Williamson
Iowa Corn Director of Communications and Public Relations
515-225-9242

"Dear Mindy,

Hi! How are you? Regarding the New Cy-Hawk Trophy... you ****ed up real bad. Don't you have anyone on your team that has a spine. Anybody who isn't a yes man?

Anyway, have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Everybody not associated with Iowa Corn

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
This travesty, this atrocity, misguided decision whatever you want to call it, needs to be shoves up the collective rear end of whatever idiots thought this was appropriate to be used for a football trophy

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Just got done writing on Iowa Corn's contact page, here was what I submitted:

I am contacting you concerning the recent unveiling of the new Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk trophy. My concern is that this new trophy does the opposite of what you have aimed to do. Instead of showing the rest of the country our values as Iowans, you have instead given them all another reason to mock us. Had this award been for community involvement or other activity displaying family characteristics and values, I would totally understand.

But seeing as this is a football rivalry, friendly although heated at times, this trophy does not coincide with the effort and values left out on the field by our student-athletes. Please reconsider the appropriateness of the trophy in its current state and change it to something that will encourage both schools, in fact the entire state, to fight for it. Let us not become a mockery to the rest of the country, and instead let our actions speak louder than words. Please redesign this trophy. Thank you.

By the way, I will announce my candidacy for the 2012 presidential election soon :jimlad:

Reactions: jj-cyclones
C

CyBer

all-protesters-explained-south-park-rabble-november-challeng-demotivational-poster-1258039263.jpg

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Mike Hlas tweet:

Miami Hurricanes football fans right now: "Yeah, but at least we don't have that Cy-Hawk Trophy."

We could probably start a whole new thread of the Twitter one-liners this thing is generating.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
That is funny.

The thing that bothers me the most about it is how cliche the trophy is. A dad showing an ear of corn from a bushel basket to the Mrs. and the youngins, maybe in 1960 but not today.

I hate crap like that. I farm and I have never and never will have a scene like that happen in my life. I live in town and treat farming as a business entity and use some pretty complex spreadsheets to run certain risk scenarios and deal with purchases and contracts and single year operating loans that are more money than some people will see in 25 years. But I guess I should just go grab some ears and say "holy cow honey look at this nice one, looks like i can afford to buy you that dress you like in the catalog".

It make me very mad that i help fund the corn growers and they spit out crap like this.

That is what is so absolutely amazing about this. It is offensive as hell to farmers. This stuff is complicated now, involves a lot of money, and a lot of risk. Tt isnt a bunch of hillbilles standing around in the yard. I would contact them and tell them, this is so bad.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Iowa Corn's shameless promotion doesn't even stop with the trophy, they have to put a corn mascot alongside Herky and Cy. They are under the mistaken assumption that the rivalry game somehow revolves around them.
That, my friends, is a piece of ****! :realmad:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I like the fact that the dad figure is showing them corn like its something they have never seen before.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
How hard is it to make a trophy with bird on it that is half Cy and the other half Herky, is it really that ******* hard to come up with a good idea? Every idea in this thread is better than the one they paid ungodly amounts for.

I hope whichever team wins the game refuses to touch it like NHL teams refuse to touch the Eastern and Western conference trophies. That would be appropriate for this travesty.