New CyHawk Trophy

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
They shouldve made it a scantily clad 18 yr old hottie in the back of a pick up truck full of sweet corn.

GWestCyde

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 16, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Better Idea for the trophy: CY and Herky Dukeing it out with a ear of Corn in the middle. That's one hundred times better, and it only took me 30 seconds to think of it

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think it's a genius historical account of our footbal rivalry. Dad (U of Iowa) telling son (ISU) to turn around and grab his ankles while mom (UNI) and daugher (Drake) look on and wish that they could get in on the action.

I'm out of rep but I'll get some to you when I can. This nearly had me wetting myself.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I think isuno1fan's avatar needs to be changed to this:

75378-TrollFace.png

because he is obviously trolling.

Lettuce be reality....

Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo
We're always looking for ways to get national exposure. I really like the idea of the loser getting the thing. That would make headlines. The winners run out of the stadium celebrating while the losers trudge over to the sidelines and argue over who has to carry the POS out.

Reactions: skibumspe

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Seriously, this looks like one of the Willow Tree things my wife has that she collected over the years related to family. This does not look like a trophy. Someone needs to call Willow Tree as I believe this trophy has to infringe on their copyright or something. I would give this to my mom at Mother's Day, not to a football team that just kicked some hawk up and down a field!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Better Idea for the trophy: CY and Herky Dukeing it out with a ear of Corn in the middle. That's one hundred times better, and it only took me 30 seconds to think of it

One hundred times better? Try again. It is actually infinitely better then this thing. No wonder people from the coasts still make jokes asking if Iowa has indoor plumbing or paved roads yet. I am shocked there wasn't an outhouse behind the mother and child.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
As long as the corn growers check doesn't bounce it can look like whatever they want. This trophy is only around as long as the sponor anyway.

BirdDog

May 23, 2011
Looks like something you present to the winner of the giant gourd or best apple pie at the Iowa State Fair rather than to a football team.

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
Embarrasing.

scaled.php

The new Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk trophy was unveiled on Friday on the Grand Concourse at the Iowa State Fair.
The new trophy is part of a partnership between the Iowa Corn Growers Association and The Iowa Corn Promotion Board and Learfield Sports.
“Just as the trophy reads, we are honest, hard-working, family and community orientated people,â€￾ CEO for Iowa Corn Craig Floss said.
The trophy shows a family talking after a long day of work.
“The scene of a family talking after a day’s work is representative of our state,â€￾ ISU athletic director Jamie Pollard said.
The new trophy will go to the winner of the Sept. 10 football game between Iowa and Iowa State at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames.

I guess Nebraska will have something to say back when we laugh at the Heroes' game now. CRAP.