New CyHawk Trophy

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
It's a corporate trophy that represents the interests of the sponsor. We live in a new world people - catch up.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
There is only 1 solution now. ISU must win the game and then send KO over to accept the new trophy. Then he must crush the trophy with his bare hands like a normal human would crush a beer can. Then we simply request a new redesigned trophy. :yes:

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
scaled.php

:biglaugh:
I think it's a genius historical account of our footbal rivalry. Dad (U of Iowa) telling son (ISU) to turn around and grab his ankles while mom (UNI) and daugher (Drake) look on and wish that they could get in on the action.

Reactions: ianoconnor

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
There is only 1 solution now. ISU must win the game and then send KO over to accept the new trophy. Then he must crush the trophy with his bare hands like a normal human would crush a beer can. Then we simply request a new redesigned trophy. :yes:

Don't let The Latt know about this monstrosity...I can see the Lattimer Alert System immediately going to "Severe" over this crap.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Good Lord. The truly pathetic thing is that they probably paid somebody for that. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
A good portion of our fanbase works in cubicles all day, staring at a computer. Why don't we put that on the trophy?

That is funny.

The thing that bothers me the most about it is how cliche the trophy is. A dad showing an ear of corn from a bushel basket to the Mrs. and the youngins, maybe in 1960 but not today.

I hate crap like that. I farm and I have never and never will have a scene like that happen in my life. I live in town and treat farming as a business entity and use some pretty complex spreadsheets to run certain risk scenarios and deal with purchases and contracts and single year operating loans that are more money than some people will see in 25 years. But I guess I should just go grab some ears and say "holy cow honey look at this nice one, looks like i can afford to buy you that dress you like in the catalog".

It make me very mad that i help fund the corn growers and they spit out crap like this.

Rydes84

Dec 13, 2008
Granger
If they wanted to represent Iowa's rural heritage, they should have used a golden plow or something. Hell, just an ear of corn would have been better than this. This is like one of those god damn Precious Moments statues that women used to collect in the 80s.

Or a $12.99 trinket in the Welcome to Iowa section of a truck stop on I-80

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Is it just me or is the pictures of the trophy not loading for anyone else? Don't know if it's because of a work filter or if it got taken down because of the uproar. I hope someone saved a copy to share in case, I'd like to see it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Don't let The Latt know about this monstrosity...I can see the Lattimer Alert System immediately going to "Severe" over this crap.

Yeah... the people sponsoring this disaster better stay the hell off of the field after this years game. They are on "High Alert" for a Lattimer beatdown.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
Is it just me or is the pictures of the trophy not loading for anyone else? Don't know if it's because of a work filter or if it got taken down because of the uproar. I hope someone saved a copy to share in case, I'd like to see it.

my link to the closeup worked for 2 min and then stopped, g-rocks is still up for me.