New Court Design for Hilton

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I-State Logo.jpg
I like #2. I have been wanting the AD to incorporate the state outline to the basketball court for awhile now.

Observations: The new I-State logo doesn't have the word "state" touching each other anymore. This is the most up-to-date version of the I-State logo. (Love the I-State logo too. Very traditional and should be our main-mark forever.)

Also, the baselines need "Iowa State" on one side and "Cyclones" on the other. Then, it would be the best one.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A few questions and comments based on the replies so far...

What is the "angry chicken"?

I didn't use the fat walking bird logo because I wanted to stick with the current logos. I like the walking Cy and we used it for a long time, but it's more of a "vintage" logo now.

Did Georges say something about having the state of Iowa on the court?

I used the Cy head logo in these because it's nice and round, which would work well in the center. I'm not that big of a fan, either. My personal favorite is also #2.

Thanks for the complements. You can see the blemishes when you look at the full-size images, but they work okay when they're a smaller size.

The "Angry Chicken" is the old walking Cy logo.

Someone else will have details that I can't remember but Johnny Orr was quoted as telling one of his players to go out and "shoot it from the Angry Chicken". One of many hilarious JO quotes.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I vote for no shading between the 3pt line and the inside the arc. Also, it should be Johnny Orr Court. But I like the concepts. I'm okay with where Hilton is at right now. I think we need a few more years of brand-building (ie winning, Hoiberg doing Hoiberg things).

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
this ...

jY9vzOu.png

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
#2 is pretty sweet. I'd love to see the Pioneer logos go, but I doubt that happens. One thing I also think would be cool is to incorproate "Hilton Magic" somewhere, kind of like how New Mexico puts "The Pit" on their floor. Hilton Magic is obviously a little wordier than "The Pit" but it would be a cool reference to the term that everyone associates with Hilton.

th

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Like #2 best. I wonder if it might be better if it was just the state outline, not the whole thing colored in?

Also, maybe (I'd only know if I saw it.) Slide the state shape down a little bit in relation to the center of the court.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I prefer it how it is, but thats nice photoshop work.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I like #3 if you spell Coliseum correctly. :smile:

#2 is sweet as well. Agree with the others - really don't care for the bird logo.

Well that's embarrassing!

View attachment 26236
I like #2. I have been wanting the AD to incorporate the state outline to the basketball court for awhile now.

Observations: The new I-State logo doesn't have the word "state" touching each other anymore. This is the most up-to-date version of the I-State logo. (Love the I-State logo too. Very traditional and should be our main-mark forever.)

Also, the baselines need "Iowa State" on one side and "Cyclones" on the other. Then, it would be the best one.

I didn't realize it had been updated. Any idea when they did this? It looks like some of the shading to give it that 3-D effect has been changed a little, too.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
#2. If Fred is going to stay here his entire career, I really want that court to say "Coach Hoiberg Court". But we're a few years out before we can even think of doing that. Need to make sure this is a long term situation first (Even though I think it is).

Help Support Us

Become a patron