Never been punched

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Had a few black eyes black in the early 90's. It was a good time period for giving and receiving face punches in Newton. I learned early that it hurts your hand more than their face and put my wrastlin skills to work.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
I've been jacked in the head on a couple occasions. Thankfully alcohol and adrenaline prevented me from feeling it until later. One was the boyfriend of the girl I took out for drinks. The other I was a college student and absolutely hammered. I got mouthy with a wrestler from Columbus Junction. He would have completely destroyed me had my roommate not dragged me away after the first punch.
The wrestler's initials wouldn't happen to be J.V. would they?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have never punched anyone in the face (or anywhere else) in anger, and I have never been punched in the face (or anywhere else) by someone else who is either angry, or drunk, or both.

I guess you could say I just don't have the cojones for that kind of interaction...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
don't think I've thrown or received any punches, but I did once kick my brother in the face while demonstrating the awesome moves of the pink Power Ranger.

We couldn't watch that show anymore after that :no:

oh yes, I also tried kicking that same brother in a rather delicate place. Dad sat me down and had a chat about how "you can't kick boys there".

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
I lived in Lancaster, CA for a couple years, and it seems like it harbors the worst aspects of Los Angeles along with the worst aspects of the desert redneck areas of California. Plus, there was a ton of construction going on out there so a lot of construction workers in the area. Just lots of testoterone out there. I spent too much time at the local bar with some of the linemen and inspectors from my project, and a Marine friend that was stationed at Edwards Air Force Base. I ended up getting involved in two fights that my started. The 2nd one I just remember a rustling behind me, and then people in the bar pulling me off the floor. I had a great black eye after that one.

It is mandatory to get in fights if you hang out in bars with Marines, duh!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
don't think I've thrown or received any punches, but I did once kick my brother in the face while demonstrating the awesome moves of the pink Power Ranger.

We couldn't watch that show anymore after that :no:

oh yes, I also tried kicking that same brother in a rather delicate place. Dad sat me down and had a chat about how "you can't kick boys there".

I only had sisters...not much punching in an all-female household. Lots of angst, tho!

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Got punched outside of People's bar on the corner of Welch and Lincoln way. Dropped my head, he hit me on the top of my head and took off running. I was so hammered it didn't really phase me. Good times.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Never thrown. I received one sucker punch at that bar kind of near Mayhem. Not Cafe B, the other one, forget the name. Was there watching my friend play guitar, some drunk guy apparently thought I was talking crap (no idea why) and said "Set your drink down!" like he was a tough guy. I was like 1 beer in, so being a smart ***, I set it down and he clocked me in the side of the head. Pretty crappy connection tbh. It ended in a scrum with me on top of the dude and people pulling me off, but I didn't get any shots in. Bouncers were about to throw me out while I kept saying I didn't do anything and finally my buddy on stage (who cut off in the middle of a song) shouts "He stays. He didn't do anything." Cool story, bro... right?

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Punched in the face twice in middle school. Once breaking up a fight between a friend and another guy. The second breaking up a fight during a soccer game.

Punched in the face twice in high school. Once by a chick that thought I talked smack about her. The other in a pick-up basketball game.

Somehow, I never got punched in college.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
I've only been hit in the face once. It was a friend I was messing with, he got fed up, turned around and punched me. Fortunately I was farther away than he expected, so the hit didn't really hur, it was just surprising. I just went home at that point, and nothing came of the event.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Nothing really to the face. Growing up with an older brother and absent parents I got my share of beatings. Mostly to the upper arm and the nuts. Had an older sister who had fingernails and knew how to use them, but mostly it was the older brother against any and all of the younger ones.

Had a bully in HS want to get me to fight him, but I wouldn't do it. He was a pretty tough customer and a year ahead of me. I had wanted to go out with his younger sister like 2 years earlier and he just wouldn't let it go. I wouldn't be surprised if he were dead this many years later.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Never thrown a punch. In junior high I did take a punch to the chest that everyone in the locker room could hear. Just kind of looked down at my chest, then looked at him with a "you serious?" look, and he backed off. People generally left me alone after that.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Never thrown a punch. In junior high I did take a punch to the chest that everyone in the locker room could hear. Just kind of looked down at my chest, then looked at him with a "you serious?" look, and he backed off. People generally left me alone after that.

woah-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron