Never been punched

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I was talking with some guys at work today and I brought up the fact that I have never gotten punched or punched someone out of anger. I was looked at like I just spoke another language. Apparently I'm in a huge minority here.

I got into wrestling-type fights as a kid over dumb stuff. I also had someone throw a punch at me during a floor party in Willow, but it was some drunk d-bag and I dodged it easily and shoved him into a wall. Other than that, I've broken up plenty of fights but never really participated.

Just me?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I haven't really since middle school, even that was not really even a fight. I was a bad kid in elementary school; I blame my mom for making me too smart. I've been threatened a few times by a few idiots but you'll have those.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I was punched twice a party. I was a lil intoxicated so it didn't really affect and my buddies stopped me before I did anything. My face hurt a bit in the morning.

It all turned out well, he was kicked outta the party and his friends gave some of his beer. Good times.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've never punched anyone or been punched. There have been several times where I would have deserved to be punched, but never happened.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Broke my nose twice in "fights"...both times sucker punched. Never thrown a punch but I did use my blackbelt skills to roundhouse a guy in the face.

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
Never involved in a physical conflict with a stranger, but been punched in the face by my brother a couple years back, and have given out my fair share of gut punches to roommates/bullys in HS and during my undergrad. When I say gut punch, it's not necessarily out of respect for the face or hair, but because the recipients of said punches were about a foot taller than me.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I can't believe this is that common. I have never been punched or have thrown a punch before.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Never been in a real fight. Never had a reason to.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I can't believe this is that common. I have never been punched or have thrown a punch before.

I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people that have thrown a punch in anger is a lot smaller than the percentage of people that have been punched in anger. Only takes one drunk ******* to punch half the guys at a party. I've been swung at a few times, always by somebody who was drunk. I've never punched anybody on purpose.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I was talking with some guys at work today and I brought up the fact that I have never gotten punched or punched someone out of anger. I was looked at like I just spoke another language. Apparently I'm in a huge minority here.

I got into wrestling-type fights as a kid over dumb stuff. I also had someone throw a punch at me during a floor party in Willow, but it was some drunk d-bag and I dodged it easily and shoved him into a wall. Other than that, I've broken up plenty of fights but never really participated.

Just me?

Playground at 4 PM, I'll help you out :)

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
The worst part about slugging it out with someone is not actually getting hit, it's how bad it hurts your knuckles when you hit the other guy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron