Never been punched

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Back in my HS days, one of my best friends was a magnets for fights. Half of the time he asked for it, the other half he didn't, but something in his DNA attracted it from others. Testosterone, pheromones, I don't know what it was. Two of the worst times was taking a punch pulling him out of confrontations. The best/worst was when, somehow, he picked a fight with the drummer of some low-rate band at a bar we went to with fake IDs & his older brother. They were taking a break from a set and my friend voiced what his thought were of the band. They were not good, but for some reason those in the bar sided with the drummer quickly and the next thing I knew I felt like I was in a fight with Winger & 50 of their most loyal fans. My friend came out unscathed but somehow I took a shot above my eye and one to the side of my jaw (that one hurt the longest).

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Broke my nose twice in "fights"...both times sucker punched. Never thrown a punch but I did use my blackbelt skills to roundhouse a guy in the face.

I saw the video.....impressive. Caught HIM completely offguard

200.gif

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Had numerous scrapes with neighbor kids growing up. Last one was in High School. I literally beat knots on this guys head. Unfortunately ( in the short run) he put numerous lumps on mine as well. Good lesson, learned to explore alternative problem solving options.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
My brother & I used to beat the crap out of each other. He's a lot bigger than me now, so I don't provoke him anymore.

Grew up with 3 brothers. I've punched/been punched more times than I can count.

Grew up with 2 brothers. Only punched each other in arms, thighs, and gut. Never threw any face shots.
Other than that, I don't recall ever even being close to being punched/throwing a punch.

Yeah, I am curious if those who have never thrown a punch or had one thrown at them had any brothers growing up.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Back in my HS days, one of my best friends was a magnets for fights. Half of the time he asked for it, the other half he didn't, but something in his DNA attracted it from others. Testosterone, pheromones, I don't know what it was. Two of the worst times was taking a punch pulling him out of confrontations. The best/worst was when, somehow, he picked a fight with the drummer of some low-rate band at a bar we went to with fake IDs & his older brother. They were taking a break from a set and my friend voiced what his thought were of the band. They were not good, but for some reason those in the bar sided with the drummer quickly and the next thing I knew I felt like I was in a fight with Winger & 50 of their most loyal fans. My friend came out unscathed but somehow I took a shot above my eye and one to the side of my jaw (that one hurt the longest).

That's the worst, when you get your *** handed to you, only because you're defending your ******* friend. Happened to me at a bar in Cedar Falls. Friend of mine was hitting on a girl, and her boyfriend didn't like it. When they went outside to fight, me and another guy from our group, came along not to participate, but just to make sure he didn't get killed or anything. We promptly got the **** kicked out of us, because the other guy brought more friends than we did.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Have taken and thrown numerous gun/arm shots. Have never been punched in the face and have only thrown one punch. I'm a pretty easy going guy, so it takes a lot to get me worked up enough to even feel like somebody deserves it.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah, surprisingly I have been punched in the face.

It was a lot less bloody than the time I got elbowed in the face. Gushed.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Yeah, I am curious if those who have never thrown a punch or had one thrown at them had any brothers growing up.

Got 3 older brothers, but the closest in age is 10 years older. 11 and 12 year olds punching babies may be ok in Missouri, but my dad wouldn't have tolerated it.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

I never punched my younger brother that I can remember, but that doesn't mean that I didn't find some excellent sticks to hit him with. I also once threw a cat on his back which had the desired effect of what I wanted.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, surprisingly I have been punched in the face.

It was a lot less bloody than the time I got elbowed in the face. Gushed.

You and I should start a Siouxer fight club. I think it would be worth our time.

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
I got punched in the ear in 1999 by a UNO wrestler at a Creighton frat party. I proceeded to kick him in the shin and nuts with some Doc Marten steel toes. His buddys collected him and they ran off right as the cops were showing up. My ear hurt for a few days after that.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Things have changed....I talk to my father-in-law and he has several stories of throwing some punches.

Now days, you throw a punch it seems like you are a bully, in jail, lawyer-ed up on, etc.

At my last job, I had a college kid who I worked with that got jacked one night. The dad of the kid called his state senator (I worked at a state school) and demanded something be done. The dad claimed his son was "attacked" and was a victim and our staff didn't do all we could to protect him.

I worked with the police and high level people who asked the simple question...why did the guy do it? The guy had messed around with the other guys sister and then treated her bad and the brother just wanted the other guy to know that's not how it works.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I've been jacked in the head on a couple occasions. Thankfully alcohol and adrenaline prevented me from feeling it until later. One was the boyfriend of the girl I took out for drinks. The other I was a college student and absolutely hammered. I got mouthy with a wrestler from Columbus Junction. He would have completely destroyed me had my roommate not dragged me away after the first punch.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Growing up several scuffles with brother and a couple playground rivals. Nothing serious, kids don't throw a very good punch usually.

Only been punched once post high school. Ames city league basketball. I'm not sure what I did to get under the guys skin tbh, but at one point he looked at me and asked "do you want me to deck you right now?" Me being a life long smart *** said sure.

He got tossed, wouldn't leave and the cops came. Sadly I missed the two technical free throws and I think we lost by 1

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I don't even know how many fights I got in when I was in high school and college. All I remember is that I got suspended a few times in high school for the fights that didn't occur in the wrestling room or on the football field. I also have a younger brother; there was a lot of blood spilled in my parents' backyard growing up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron