Ndamukong Suh

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've seen ALOT worse than that. I must be the only one that isn't horrified by that block.

There's always something worse, but Suh's name comes up way too much regarding these types of hits. Ask Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, Jake Delhomme, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Matt Schaub. He received 9 person fouls in his first two years. That's a career number for many players.

My whole question is that at what point does the fan of the team say "enough" ? What point does the NFL say "enough" ? He's a helluva player. As much as I despise Nebraska, I felt he deserved the Heisman that year. If he played back in the Deacon Jones head-slapping era, he'd probably be revered as one of the greatest d-lineman to ever play the game. However, he continually violates rules put in place for safety reasons.

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been targeted by an offensive line yet. I think it's only a matter of time before he gets engaged in a block and someone comes at his knees from the side. I don't want to see that happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if his time doesn't come.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not sure what the rules are in the NFL anymore, but I'd like to see a disciplinary action implemented in all sports: "If you injure a player during an illegal hit, you are out until that player can return." Again, not sure if that was an illegal play or not, but if it was, then that should be the suspension.

You would see a lot of backups suddenly having season ending injuries as soon as the flag was thrown on a key starter, or at the very least until they are done facing that team for the season.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
I've seen ALOT worse than that. I must be the only one that isn't horrified by that block.

Care to give some examples? For me this ranks somewhere between his Thanksgiving day stomp against the Packers and Haynesworth's stomp against the Cowboys.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Next time Vikings play, somebody engage Suh high, and then somebody else hit him low, I would say its worth the 15.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Dirty hit? Perhaps. But now he, as an offensive lineman, knows what an illegal cut block is like 6 yards away from the play.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Dirty hit? Perhaps. But now he, as an offensive lineman, knows what an illegal cut block is like 6 yards away from the play.
homer.jpg

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
If my team was playing the Lions I would do anything I could to blow out one or both of his knees.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I didn't see it live. Was there a flag thrown? Rule used to be that you can't block below the waist on a change of possession. Not sure it that is still the rule or not.