***NCAA First Round: (7) Iowa State vs. (10) Maryland [Fri., 6:30 CT]***

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Crooks's game gonna get any coverage tonight in Iowa or the same ol' same ol'?
Yes, Caitlin Clark Crooks will get a little play in Iowa for sure. We can thanks her PR lawyer and lazy sportscasters for that though.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Well - got proved wrong again by the Sisters. Hats off and a gritty performance! My apologies for doubting you ladies and go kick Stanford and their twig of a center into the Pacific. Emily Ryan - you are a stud and I loved the rib clattering shoulder you gave ! They hounded you all night and you held up!

Reactions: NWICY

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Fun game - Terps came out throwing haymakers and our Cyclones maintained their composure. The second half was enjoyable. I can’t wait for the Stanford matchup - Audi won’t run roughshod over Cam Brink so I hope our “shooters” come ready to “gun away”! Go State!

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
As for the Register, it is put to bed so early in the evening, the game was over long after the layout for Saturday was complete. But there'll be online coverage.
have noticed that. there have been times when we got home from a late game that the paper was already in the driveway also have seen the online coverage. which is good if people follow that way

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Gifting all y'all this article from today's Washington Post:

Nice. Real coverage from a prominent newspaper, one of a handful that hasn't turned into USA Todays. They don't delve into sports in depth (when they do it's usually regional) but when they do a column it's usually very good.

Last edited: