***NCAA First Round: (7) Iowa State vs. (10) Maryland [Fri., 6:30 CT]***

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
I was not whining about cc just whining about the coverage she will get when ISU had a great game. It is just sick. when I got groceries today checker said how bout them clones and said she could not wait for her cc to play.
As for the Register, it is put to bed so early in the evening, the game was over long after the layout for Saturday was complete. But there'll be online coverage.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
So is Stanford basically unbeatable? They look to have posts that can maybe contain Audi. What do we need to do to pull this off, besides simply scoring more points?

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Have to say that I continue to be impressed with the way Fennelly has been willing to make changes at halftime to adjust to what the other team is doing successfully on the court in the first half. For YEARS, he was notorious for being stubborn and living/dying by his gameplan. But they're adapting so well the last couple of years, it's really amazing to watch. I will admit that I wasn't hopeful during the first twenty minutes. We just looked a step behind the whole way. But, damn if they didn't figure it out. I want to give a lot of the credit to someone who will probably be unsung: Kelsey Joens. She was an absolute sparkplug coming out of the locker room. 12 points and some big boards, mostly in a quick timespan. Everyone else fed off that energy and took it from there. Great win. Huge national stage postseason debut for Audi. Got to love seeing her excel in this spotlight.
Said the same thing in regards to Joens! She stays ready and tonight she played her butt off!!

Last edited:

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
I just want to reiterate, Emily Ryan had 18 points and 14 assists. 14 assists. The comments about her dribbling and her all around game are insane. How could she be dribbling too much AND have 14 assists??? Those two things don't go together, sorry.

Also, will the Bill hate ever stop? Whats he gotta do? How many times does he have to prove, after 20 some years, thats he actually a good coach? Get a grip.

A historic, amazing performance from an incredibly gritty team. So much to love about them, can't wait to get to watch them again. Even if its a tough game, just an incredible year all around! Go Cyclones!!

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I just want to reiterate, Emily Ryan had 18 points and 14 assists. 14 assists. The comments about her dribbling and her all around game are insane. How could she be dribbling too much AND have 14 assists??? Those two things don't go together, sorry.

Also, will the Bill hate ever stop? Whats he gotta do? How many times does he have to prove, after 20 some years, thats he actually a good coach? Get a grip.

A historic, amazing performance from an incredibly gritty team. So much to love about them, can't wait to get to watch them again. Even if its a tough game, just an incredible year all around! Go Cyclones!!
I’ll gladly eat my comments. She had a great second half!!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I have been a fan of Kelsey all year. A lot rag on her defense but it is coming along.

Diew has had a rough go but she kept us from bleeding out in the first half.

And I hate the hate on Emily. I don’t like all the dribbling but I have no doubt she is doing exactly what Bill says.
The problem is we have no shot creators. Emily is the closest we got - so she has to keep her dribble alive. Tough spot for her, but she handles it well.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN

A historic, amazing performance from an incredibly gritty team. So much to love about them, can't wait to get to watch them again. Even if it’s a tough game, just an incredible year all around! Go Cyclones!!
The criticism of Emily dribbling too much was during the 1st half when she had 4 assists. 2nd half was much better. What’s the big deal if people point that out? It was justified in that moment. She is a great player and overall she ended up with a very good game because she played better in the 2nd half when nobody was criticizing her I believe.

Also what’s the big deal about criticizing Bill when our game plan was obviously not working? Stop with the overly sensitive hyperbole of people “hate” Bill. It’s just a simple criticism in the moment for ****’s sake. It’s not that serious.

Agree with your last paragraph!

sj4

Jun 12, 2012

I don't basketball coaching much but it looked like the idea was to clear out and have Emily and Audi go 2 on 2. There were times when the other 3 girls were just standing on the other half of the court. Seemed to work seeing that we had over 90 points.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron