My golf game sucks!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I love golf. Awful at it, but love it. My thing is, it's the only sport that you battle yourself. No one else effects the outcome. (Well, I suppose there's bowling?) It's almost 100 percent mental. And I'm a guy that thinks WAY too much. Before my swing, I always just take a second. I focus and take a big breath to kind of release everything from my brain. Then swing. It works for me, otherwise I'm literally thinking about my swing during my swing and am trying to correct things even if there's nothing wrong.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I love golf. Awful at it, but love it. My thing is, it's the only sport that you battle yourself. No one else effects the outcome. (Well, I suppose there's bowling?) It's almost 100 percent mental. And I'm a guy that thinks WAY too much. Before my swing, I always just take a second. I focus and take a big breath to kind of release everything from my brain. Then swing. It works for me, otherwise I'm literally thinking about my swing during my swing and am trying to correct things even if there's nothing wrong.

Track and swimming are that way, too. Sure, you're racing/jumping/throwing against other people, but they aren't doing anything that would impede you from performing at your best.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
+1

It's not the OP that sucks, it's golf that sucks.

YOQcPPB.gif

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
You're lucky to be playing once a week right now. The first summer after my first kid was born I played twice. Last summer was slightly better; I got out five whole times. This summer I'm on pace for three rounds.

I wish I could play once a week too. The last two summers I have played 8 rounds, this year I have been out 3 times and two of those were 9 holes. Next summer we will have a 3 year old and a baby so I can't imagine that number rising. I am just happy my 12 handicap isn't rising at this point.