More vehicle troubles for Jayhawk basketball

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Considering Josh Jackson drove a Hummer at KU and nobody cared I would say this could end up being a big deal

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I guess it would help to know more about the family's financials. I do know that if my daughter had a full ride scholarship, which at a P5 school includes cost of attendance... I could afford to pay for a very nice car for her. It's too bad that only volleyball and women's basketball have full rides for the girls. Softball, her chosen sport, only has partials, so she'll be driving a beater. :D

I knew a few guys I played football with that had this happen. One was a really good RB.

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A bit off topic but I lived in Norman OK near the end of the Barry Switzer era. My wife's BFF worked in a local State Farm office and the owner was a huge OU booster. She said they had one secretary whose main job was making sure all the vehicles that FB players were driving had insurance. Bozworth had a Jeep, Corvette, and BMW at his disposal his Sr year.
That's stone cold corrupt.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Awaiting disclosure of the car color because I am all about car color as one of the most important car selection criteria. If his car is a lame color I'd boot him off the team.

For the record, garage is currently sporting monsoon gray metallic, meridian metallic and guards red. ;) I do miss my ocean blue pearl effect Audi, maybe one of the all time great colors.

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy and GTO

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My prediction for Tuco's response:

I'm hearing that he was driving carefully down the street in a close friend's car (don't pretend like you never borrowed a friend's car in college) and swerved slightly to avoid a bunny rabbit (or insert some other cute, innocent little creature) that was crossing the street in front of him. In doing this, he brushed up against a tree (or insert some other harmless inanimate object) and caused a small amount of damage to his close friend's car and that he has assured the friend that he will pay for all damage to the vehicle, being that he is a completely stand-up person and is taking full responsibility for his mistake.

When somebody points out, "I didn't know anybody that owned a late model, high-end vehicle in college." his response will be

Why is it that you can't believe a college basketball player from Kansas has a friend that owns a nice car? To me, it seems like you are making generalizations about college basketball players and I'm uncomfortable with what you are implying.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Beasley drove a nice SUV while at K-State. It's just part of the package for these elite dudes. Of more concern is that Ku wins over UK without him, while we struggle with UMKC.o_O

"It just illustrates the laughable system in place. The players have been staying at the Ritz Carlton in one of the most well-known retail districts in the entire country all while eating every meal at places like Ditka's, Morton's and The Capital Grille. That's all OK, but a vehicle--something that is needed in a place like Lawrence, KS--you damn well better not use your god-given talent to obtain anything like that!" Jayhawk poster

Statement from Bill Self

DOovpl7XcAASthO.jpg

Last edited: