More vehicle troubles for Jayhawk basketball

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Interesting, new freshman dude out of game and suspended while they are looking into his car accident. Wonder if it is because he might have been driving some new very spendy auto? Guessing, yes. :eek:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article184664158.html

“After I learned about the incident, I reported it to our administration,” Self said. “The administration determined that we needed a clearer financial picture specific to the vehicle. We decided to hold him out of tonight’s game and will continue to do that until the review is complete.”

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I guess it would help to know more about the family's financials. I do know that if my daughter had a full ride scholarship, which at a P5 school includes cost of attendance... I could afford to pay for a very nice car for her. It's too bad that only volleyball and women's basketball have full rides for the girls. Softball, her chosen sport, only has partials, so she'll be driving a beater. :D

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
**** Vitale raffling off a new Mercedes convertible, perhaps KU boosters should buy Preston some tickets to replace his damaged automobile?

Reactions: BoxsterCy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I clicked on 2 different links, has anyone been able to find out what he was driving?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I guess it would help to know more about the family's financials. I do know that if my daughter had a full ride scholarship, which at a P5 school includes cost of attendance... I could afford to pay for a very nice car for her. It's too bad that only volleyball and women's basketball have full rides for the girls. Softball, her chosen sport, only has partials, so she'll be driving a beater. :D

The real question is why would you give a college kid a nice car, If they don't beat it there friends will. Drunken friends puking ruins a new car smell pretty quick (so I've been told).Door dings and hit and runs in the dorm parking lots no reason to have that happen to a nice car.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

Am I the only person in the country who didn't get a car from my parents?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Am I the only person in the country who didn't get a car from my parents?
I didn't.
And we didn't "give" them to our kids, either. We helped find inexpensive beaters, and we covered their insurance, but paying for the car & the gas to put in it were on them. And if they ran up our premiums with tickets or accidents, they paid the additional.

Guess we were mean parents. But seriously, covering the insurance was huge all by itself.

Reactions: yCy

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I didn't.
And we didn't "give" them to our kids, either. We helped find inexpensive beaters, and we covered their insurance, but paying for the car & the gas to put in it were on them. And if they ran up our premiums with tickets or accidents, they paid the additional.

Guess we were mean parents. But seriously, covering the insurance was huge all by itself.

I used my mom's mini van and had to pay the additional insurance for it.

I guess I was lucky. I could fit the whole cheerleading squad in the van with plenty of room for bean bag chairs.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and keepngoal

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
A bit off topic but I lived in Norman OK near the end of the Barry Switzer era. My wife's BFF worked in a local State Farm office and the owner was a huge OU booster. She said they had one secretary whose main job was making sure all the vehicles that FB players were driving had insurance. Bozworth had a Jeep, Corvette, and BMW at his disposal his Sr year.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I didn't.

When my buddies and I went somewhere in my 'car' I would always tell them before we exited the place, that I'd trade vehicles sight unseen with literally any other car in the lot. 95% of the time when we walked out I'd stick to my opinion. Once in a while there was another car as sketchy as mine, but not often.

When I was in college one of my life goals was to someday own a vehicle less than 10 years old. Dreams come true, it could happen to you.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone