MonsterVerse Thread

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just realized I forgot to follow-up with my final Monarch: Legacy of Monsters thoughts now that I'm completely finished, and all I can say is "chefs kiss". Loved it. Was it a flawless series? Naw, but it was pretty dang good. Like I complained about in an earlier post, there was some slight pacing issues in the middle, but overall the writing was pretty spectacular. This is the back-story to Monarch I've always wanted to see, and they did an excellent job of tying everything we've seen so far in the Monsterverse together in a satisfying manor. I also think they left room at the end for another season, which I hope they do. It's also worth noting the production value and special effects for this series is pretty dang good and nearly on par with the movies. That isn't to say we were watching big spectacle monster fights left and right, but I thought they found the right balance of giving us enough of the spectacle to keep us happy, while also not completely blowing out the budget. This is a story about the humans more so than the monsters anyway when it is all said and done. However, what we did get of the monsters was good. Anyway, those are my final thoughts and there is no doubt this series raised my anticipation for Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire. For those unaware, that movie did get moved up a few weeks here recently to late March instead of mid-April, which is awesome. My guess is they are trying to capitalize on the popularity of the series and don't want the gap between the two to be too big to lose interest.

Your sentiments echo mine mostly.

I had some times where the pace was starting to wear on me. I didn’t expect to see titans fighting or big spectacles like that, but they went too long a few times imo without giving us some titan footage that wasn’t just a look back at G-Day.

That’s why the finale was so good because it had a bit of it all but it wasn’t messy either. Overall this series was fantastic from mostly every angle.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Your sentiments echo mine mostly.

I had some times where the pace was starting to wear on me. I didn’t expect to see titans fighting or big spectacles like that, but they went too long a few times imo without giving us some titan footage that wasn’t just a look back at G-Day.

That’s why the finale was so good because it had a bit of it all but it wasn’t messy either. Overall this series was fantastic from mostly every angle.

It was a great satisfying finale which gave us what we all want in any finale

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The movie was quite fun even if how everything came together in the end was kind of stupid and made all the lead-up fall apart. Due to this, it was not one of my top Monsterverse movies, but overall, I still enjoyed the movie. Dan Steven's character is one of the most over-the-top characters you'll find in any movie, but I was digging it.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I enjoyed the movie. My only complaint is the movie made it seem like the movie was created as a Kong only story arc and then when they were almost finished, they decided to put Godzilla in it as an after thought.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
For kicks and giggles, I challenge you all to post your latest Monsterverse rankings. I'll start with mine:

1. Godzilla
2. Godzilla King of the Monsters
3. Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
4. Kong: Skull Island
5. Godzilla vs. Kong
6. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
7. Skull Island

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron