SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I'm actually pretty excited for this series. I've really gotten into the Monsterverse lately and have always been intrigued to learn more about Monarch as I think there is some pretty good stories to be told there. I really like this trailer as well.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

First reviews are out for Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and they look pretty good so far. Granted, there are only 13 reviews out so far and they are only of the first 5 of 10 episodes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I actually just finished the Netflix animated series Skull Island which is a part of this Monsterverse, and takes place in the 90s. Not gonna lie, but it was honestly quite good and one of the better installments of this entire series. I've been rewatching the timeline order of everything up until the new Amazon series, which takes place after the first Godzilla movie in the series. I would highly recommend the Netflix series to anyone as it does give a lot more insight into Kong's motivations and personality.

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
My wife and I actually watched the first four movies of this series on a lazy Sunday a couple months back and thought they were way more fun than they had any right to be. We have a tough time with animation, but will definitely be watching the Apple TV show. It's impressive they continue to land big names for something called the "Monsterverse." Haha.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My wife and I actually watched the first four movies of this series on a lazy Sunday a couple months back and thought they were way more fun than they had any right to be. We have a tough time with animation, but will definitely be watching the Apple TV show. It's impressive they continue to land big names for something called the "Monsterverse." Haha.

I find everything so far to be at least pretty decent

• Agree
Reactions: VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016

First reviews are out for Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and they look pretty good so far. Granted, there are only 13 reviews out so far and they are only of the first 5 of 10 episodes.
A bunch more reviews came in! Still looking good! Excited to dive in!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
A bunch more reviews came in! Still looking good! Excited to dive in!

I'm dual excited as both this series and Godzilla Minus One are coming out in the same time frame. While they are not connected and different universes, you can never have too much Godzilla and reviews for both are quite good. In fact, some are calling Minus One the best Godzilla movie yet.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Godzilla Minus One is ******* awesome.

Just the right balance of monster action but also with an emotive, human story at its core.

If "survivor's guilt" was a movie, this would be it.

Easily up there with the '54 original and Shin.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Godzilla Minus One is ******* awesome.

Just the right balance of monster action but also with an emotive, human story at its core.

If "survivor's guilt" was a movie, this would be up.

Easily up there with the '54 original and Shin.

I’m going Friday, really good huh?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well that was really really good. Best human characters of the franchise.

They're definitely very good and way better than what you normally expect for a monster film. I'm not sure they quite rise to the level of Dr. Serizawa from the 1954 Godzilla. He's the tortured scientist who developed the oxygen destroyer used to vanquish the original Godzilla but, fearing his invention may be used to do even worse things, burns all his research and commits suicide to take his secrets to his grave.

He's the perfect Frankenstein/Oppenheimer figure at the moral center of that film.

Dr. Noda in Godzilla Minus One also owed a lot to Dr. Yamane from the '54 original, too.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I do not like all of these parallel Monsterverse productions. Really hard to keep track of what’s related to what.

This Godzilla x Kong almost looks cartoon like compared to the other series. Wonder if that’s just early CGI renderings or if that’s the final product.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I do not like all of these parallel Monsterverse productions. Really hard to keep track of what’s related to what.

This Godzilla x Kong almost looks cartoon like compared to the other series. Wonder if that’s just early CGI renderings or if that’s the final product.

That final scene with them running together was offputting for sure. My guess is they will clean it up some before launch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron