Minnesota media has lost it(a.k.a. goose vs. gray duck)

isumills

Dec 18, 2008
Johnston
Re: Minnesota media has lost it

I was pretty young when Ventura was elected, so there's less embarrassment there. As for duck, duck, grey duck...what's wrong with that?
actually my friend it is duck, duck, goose. I don't know how many times I have to correct my wife down here in Iowa how it is supposed to be played. I kid my neighbor all the time who is also from Minnesota that it is goose and not grey duck, he just shakes his head and drinks another grain belt.:smile:

Reactions: asmosis

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

I'm ripping the media on this one. My guess is that Favre's publicist didn't call the news stations and beg them to follow his SUV (but you never know with BF).

I can understand the news stations having "breaking news" on their website or even mentioning in news breaks between programming... but to break in and show his car on the highway as he drives to practice??? C'mon. NOTHING is happening. What is the point?

But if no one is interested/paying attention, you won't have started the thread. Same goes for the TV stations, blogs, websites, etc. etc. etc...

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

actually my friend it is duck, duck, goose. I don't know how many times I have to correct my wife down here in Iowa how it is supposed to be played. I kid my neighbor all the time who is also from Minnesota that it is goose and not grey duck, he just shakes his head and drinks another grain belt.:smile:

DUCK, DUCK, GRAY DUCK FOR LIFE!!!

As more teachers from Minnesota go to other states, they will teach the children the PROPER way to play DDGD. And all will be right in the world.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis

+1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Duck, duck, goose to your neighbors to the South.

Duck, duck, grey duck sounds better.

According to Wiki, they are different variations on the same game:

"A group of players sit in a circle, facing inward, while another player, the 'picker' (a.k.a. the 'fox'), walks around tapping or pointing to each player in turn, calling each a 'duck' until finally picking one to be a 'goose' The 'goose' then rises and chases and tries to tag the 'picker', while the 'picker' tries to return to and sit where the 'goose' had been sitting. If the picker succeeds, the 'goose' is now the new picker and the process begins again. If the 'goose' succeeds in tagging the picker, the 'goose' may return to sit in the previous spot and the 'picker' resumes the process. With teenagers such as in high school, the 'goose' may attempt to tackle the 'picker'.
In Duck Duck Gray Duck, the point of the game is to use different adjectives (i.e. red duck, fuzzy duck) before saying gray duck. It's a great way to get children to be creative in choosing adjectives."

The first paragraph describes Duck, Duck, Goose as I learned it. Is the second paragraph an accurate description of Duck, Duck, Grey Duck?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

But if no one is interested/paying attention, you won't have started the thread. Same goes for the TV stations, blogs, websites, etc. etc. etc...

oops...sorry about that misplaced last comment. I didn't mean to rudely interrupt this important conversation. :embarrassed::smile:

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis

oops...sorry about that misplaced last comment. I didn't mean to rudely interrupt this important conversation. :embarrassed::smile:

Yeah, no kidding... WAAAAAY off topic there, capitalcityguy. This is obviously the GOOSE vs. GREY DUCK thread.

Make sure you don't let this willy-nilly random posting become a habit, K?

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames

2hnyhhj.jpg

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

New Orleans Saints, on Sept. 9th please finish the job you started in the NFC championship.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Yeah! Another chance to watch a great QB play, this is awesome! Another year of not having to watch T. Jackson.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Favre might be (okay, is) an attention ***** who "slipped" his decision about returning the Vikings with anticipation that he'd once again be the center of attention, but using the whole "NewsChopper 8" (or whatever they call it in Minneapolis) and every single network breaking away from regularly scheduled programming to "stalk" (is it really stalking if Favre wants it?) Favre from the Airport to training camp ala OJ Simpson was a little excessive, IMO.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames

Exactly. Jesus wouldn't have lost possession of that lamb in a crucial playoff situation.

LOL yeah I'm still ****** about that play. He could have just slid and taken the feild goal, but I think he thinks he is jesus. So he decided to throw it and get it picked off. What a great quarterback......

isumills

Dec 18, 2008
Johnston

Yeah, no kidding... WAAAAAY off topic there, capitalcityguy. This is obviously the GOOSE vs. GREY DUCK thread.

Make sure you don't let this willy-nilly random posting become a habit, K?
My bad on derailing the thread. :wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron