NFL: McNabb lands 5 year $78 Million extension

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That's insane.

Can I give Dan Snyder my phone #? I don't need anything long term, and he can keep me on an injured list for only $2 million. We don't even have to meet. Just send me the money and I'll stay home.

I want McNabb's agent working for me, and especially negotiating with Dan Snyder.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That's insane.

Can I give Dan Snyder my phone #? I don't need anything long term, and he can keep me on an injured list for only $2 million. We don't even have to meet. Just send me the money and I'll stay home.

I want McNabb's agent working for me, and especially negotiating with Dan Snyder.

No offense to any Redskins fans out there, but I am always pleased when Washington fails to meet expectations every year. It's not because I don't like them, or wish them ill. It's because I'm glad that Dan Snyder's "buy a championship" style of ownership has failed again for another season, and that makes the NFL stronger in my opinion.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
The Redskins are as dumb as ever. It certainly isn't because McNabb would holdout or anything. Its not like any other team would throw that coin at him. The Skins don't have any better option at QB, and they cling to the notion that you can buy a team and trade away your high draft picks for older players. They were stuck, but I'm still surprised they gave him that big of a deal.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Whats really going to get expensive is paying Rex or whomever else to run the 2 minute drill!

Or, maybe they are making a long term comittment because they want to be sure Donovan stays once he gets that part down pat.

Redskins = :wacko:

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa
I about fell out of my chair when I read that McNabb got that huge extension. What in gods name would the redskins be thinking giving him that kind of money when he hasn't even played well? This is why the redskins will never win. Their owner is a rich idiot!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
No offense to any Redskins fans out there, but I am always pleased when Washington fails to meet expectations every year. It's not because I don't like them, or wish them ill. It's because I'm glad that Dan Snyder's "buy a championship" style of ownership has failed again for another season, and that makes the NFL stronger in my opinion.

Yea, Synder should take the high road and ruin his team by putting all his faith in a QB he pulled out of retirement. Or get in on a fire sale of an aging WR.:jimlad:

Sorry had to take a shot at a Vikes fan....but serioulsy I have no sympathy anytime the Skins slip. Every team has a "buy a championship" mentality but Synder has had these big headlines blow up in face so many times its just amusing now.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
From being thought by the coach as being completely incapable of running the 2 minute offense to $78 million extension, not bad.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yea, Synder should take the high road and ruin his team by putting all his faith in a QB he pulled out of retirement. Or get in on a fire sale of an aging WR.:jimlad:

Sorry had to take a shot at a Vikes fan....but serioulsy I have no sympathy anytime the Skins slip. Every team has a "buy a championship" mentality but Synder has had these big headlines blow up in face so many times its just amusing now.

For the record, I never said the Skins should have done things the way the Vikes have, nor do I think the way the Vikings have approached the QB position is the right way to do things.

I do, however, think that Dan Snyder represents the wrong way of doing things in almost every category.

6 different head coaches in the 12 years since he bought the team-
Norv Turner. Mary Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan

A plethora of high priced/overhyped/bad fit/past their prime free agents-
Deon Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Dana Stubblefield, Adam Archuleta, Jeremiah Trotter, Laveranues Coles, Albert Haynesworth, etc.

Frequent QB switches. 11 in 12 years-
Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Donovan McNabb.

Poor drafting including early round busts such as-
Lavarr Arrington- 1st, Rod Gardner- 1st, Taylor Jacobs- 2nd, Rocky McIntosh-2nd, Devin Thomas- 2nd, Malcolm Kelly- 2nd

cybirdie

May 25, 2006
For the sake of all things football could someone take the team away from Dan Snyder, I think Mark Cuban could do a better job...whoaaaa I just said it!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Ledge, no, but the ones I know out here are sure a bit confused. No one had any inkling that this was coming in the least.

well, some people apparently thought it might happen. This guy pretty much called it. He reported yesterday that McNabb's agent was going to resume talking to Redskins brass this morning, and that McNabb was going to make out like a bandit as a result of Shanahan benching him.

Here comes the Redskins' apology - NFC East Blog - ESPN

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I wouldn't say they this was the Skins version of an 'apology'. Its just a fact of they have nobody else. What are they going to do, not sign McNabb and have Sexy Rexy be their franchise QB next year?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I wouldn't say they this was the Skins version of an 'apology'. Its just a fact of they have nobody else. What are they going to do, not sign McNabb and have Sexy Rexy be their franchise QB next year?

and as a result, McNabb had them over a barrel. And his position was strengthened even more after the benching, a move widely considered to be a blunder. So, what happens? McNabb's agent wisely uses the incident to his advantage, and now a 5 year deal is on the table when both sides had only been talking 4 years prior. Skins are now paying more for his services as a result of their error. Sounds like an apology to me.