McDermott confirms that Hamilton and Buckley will transfer

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
How can you not fire McDermott! HOW CAN YOU NOT FIRE MCDERMOTT!!

When a returning starter, who was only going to see more playing time, decides to leave the program, I think this act should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I can't blame Hamilton. I would not want to play for a slow-it-down, pick-and-roll offense with absolutely lack of any motion whatsoever. Plus, McD never changes it up on defense (we play man-to-man 95% of the time) in spite of the fact that it's not working! He's too inflexible to do that.

Please McDermott, for the love of what little is left of ISU basketball tradition, step down now before another generation of ISU students goes through school without experiencing success, Hilton Magic, etc. Time to go.

Well, I don't know what offense he would fit in if he didn't that one. You want a fast paced up and down offense predicated on the secondary break for Ham? Good luck with that.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
In other words Hamilton's runs his life like his game. Very soft and needs his mommy in order to operate. Now bash me and tell me I am being unfair but grow up Justin. At some point you have to grow up and be a man.

I'm not going to bash you. I'm right along with you and think he's the biggest pus-boy to ever start on a Big 12 team.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
In other words Hamilton's runs his life like his game. Very soft and needs his mommy in order to operate. Now bash me and tell me I am being unfair but grow up Justin. At some point you have to grow up and be a man.

Oh please. As I said in another thread, ask Coach Moser who the hardest worker in the weightroom was: Ham. Who never missed a conditioning session? Ham. Who gave 110% EVERY DAY? Ham. Maybe he got SICK of teammates going through the motions, and the head coach who allowed it...

Darth Cy

Oct 24, 2006
Ankeny
You have got to be kidding. Is there a possibility that we can get the entire Marshalltown CC team to show up. Will we ever have a kid that starts here as a Freshman play for four years.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like he is history in Ames...just a matter of time.

Can we fill all the scholarships or is it too late?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
IowaState.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
realize that he is just using that as an excuse. the real reason is because he does not enjoy the McD regime.

SO he hated Mac and the staff yet made a point to talk to them and also wait until the end of the season to let this out. Please. He may not love Mac but if he hated he wouldn't have handled this like he did. He would have done it like WJ did.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
So much for players "committing" to a program.

College sports = money

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I'm guessing Hamilton might transfer to BYU. His dad went to school there. They have a good team. They lose their starting center for next year, and so far have not recruited a true center. The only other one of the roster is a sophomore, so if Ham sits a year..... Plus, I think that would be a good conference for him. He might do well there.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Not unfair just uninformed. He played with a sports hernia for most of the season. I doubt you could.
So before you rag him for being soft get the facts

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
someone who can't stand the coach he plays for.

Just wondering why you are inferring Ham doesn't like Mac? Maybe just maybe he wants his family to be able to see him play, but wait then that wouldn't be Mac's fault.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Ha! On the plus side, we only lost 5 players this year. Wait. That's not a positive. Oh, but we only lost 4 starters. Wait. That sucks, too. Uh oh....

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City
Player losses and We still keep out coach

Buckley Tranfer
Hamilton Tranfer
Lucca Quits
Gilstrap turned down
Brackins pro

Colvin who knows

I can seen Dendy being back!

Gary Barta dumped lick because of Gatens and Fuller and we keep MAC even with all of these losses.

Deace is right we are Iowa next year wow!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Oh please. As I said in another thread, ask Coach Moser who the hardest worker in the weightroom was: Ham. Who never missed a conditioning session? Ham. Who gave 110% EVERY DAY? Ham. Maybe he got SICK of teammates going through the motions, and the head coach who allowed it...
Or he really is homesick, but what do I know.

I can actually see it, because he and his girlfriend were extremely tight, and they broke up a few weeks ago. It probably is a rough adjustment when you haven't made very many friends outside her in your time in Ames.

Even though it sucks, good luck JHam. At least you wait until after the season. :dull:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Not unfair just uninformed. He played with a sports hernia for most of the season. I doubt you could.
So before you rag him for being soft get the facts

He was still soft, he just had a pretty god reason for being that way.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Well, I don't know what offense he would fit in if he didn't that one. You want a fast paced up and down offense predicated on the secondary break for Ham? Good luck with that.

You know what...you got me. That is a good point regarding Hamilton and McDermott's system. Still, we rarely see picks across the lane, big-on-big picks, pick-and-flash, pick-and-pop, or even much hi-lo action in this offense (sometimes we see that though). Those things would help a big man get open on the block a little bit more.

Still, don't you find it worrisome that such large numbers, including a big man who starts and should (in theory) receive good tutelage from the head coach who was also a big man, transfer?

Sigh...I just don't know what to say anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron