McDermott and Barnes representing the state of Iowa with conference awards!

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Look who's back. Shouldn't you be busy on Creighton's site defending the coach?
Never left...Got scolded because of my happy fingers. Don't judge, it's like a disablity ;) I like to make random appearances from time to time, makes the powers that be a little nervous.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Never left...Got scolded because of my happy fingers. Don't judge, it's like a disablity ;) I like to make random appearances from time to time, makes the powers that be a little nervous.

Pretty sure the powers that be can be rid of you with the click of a button. So I doubt you make them nervous

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Bike_Rack.jpg

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
UNI fans that are upset with Doug are being unreasonable.

Well, writing as a dual ISU/UNI fan, not really. Doug made a committment to play at UNI and was the highest rated recruit in Panther history, and backed up that status with his play at Creighton this season. Instead he backed out on that committement and followed his father to a conference rival, who UNI plays at least twice a season. Granted, had he been a bust this season it wouldn't be quite as frustrating, but with O'Rear going down Doug would have likely been able to pick up the slack in the post.

That being written, I don't blame Doug nearly as much as I blame his father for laying a "guilt trip" on Jacobson and UNI in order to let him get out of his committment. I feel it shows a bit of a lack of character and disloyalty to someone who was regarded as a "best friend". In fact, I believe Jacobson is actually Doug's godfather.

The McDermotts didn't just burn their bridges when this all went down, they napalmed them.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

Good Lord. Go away.

Here to tell us more ******** regarding the future? Best thing about your relative escaping out of Ames was not having to read your excuses anymore.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Okay, perhaps he won't be an All-American - but I think he'll be quite happy with being a top 5 pick in the NBA Draft this coming spring...
I thought I had heard Barnes has said he would be back for at least one more year. No?

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
UNI fans that are upset with Doug are being unreasonable.

The McDermotts didn't just burn their bridges when this all went down, they napalmed them.
The McDermotts didn't burn any bridges with anyone they had personal relationships with, only unreasonable fans. McD and Jacobson are still great friends, Jacobson is still Doug's Godfather. The only reason Doug committed to UNI was because his dad's job was in jeopardy. When that changed so did Doug's commitment. Should fans be disappointed? Sure. Should fans feel betrayed? Only unreasonable ones, which most fans are. Including me at times.