Maybe ISU needs to start cheating

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone who thinks ISU should just blow off the whole "Honor Before Victory" thing, I've got two words for you: Jim Criner.

End of thread.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If he had won, nobody wouldve given a ****.

But guess what - he didn't. He cheated and still lost.

Besides, the NCAA may be hesitant to pull the "death penalty trigger" on schools like USC or OSU, but I bet they wouldn't think twice about using it against ISU as proof that they would in fact still use it.

If I ever found out that ISU was repetitively intentionally incurring major NCAA violations to try to gain a leg up on its competition, I'd go find another school to cheer for.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Honor isn't about what people think of you.

Well, judging by your avatar, you don't know much about either one....Certainly not Honor, and definitely not Victory..

Iowa State cuts as many corners as most teams. We don't have the deep pocketed boosters to go any further than that.

Hopefully, if CPR can get this thing going, and we start to draw the casual fan, then maybe we can land some whales that will help us be more competitive in recruiting.

The last part, I will add :jimlad: even though I shouldn't have to.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Well, judging by your avatar, you don't know much about either one....Certainly not Honor, and definitely not Victory..

Iowa State cuts as many corners as most teams. We don't have the deep pocketed boosters to go any further than that.

Hopefully, if CPR can get this thing going, and we start to draw the casual fan, then maybe we can land some whales that will help us be more competitive in recruiting.

I don't know what a goofy avatar of DMac has to do with anything other than having some fun.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
This schtick is getting old.... Those words hardly mean anything these days.

You have alot in common with Anthony Weiner, he has no Honor either.:twitcy:
Go buy your black and yellow hawkeye stuff, that is where you belong.:sad:
If you have to cheat to win, your a cheater not a winner.:shocked:
Morals and ethics, an Ethical man knows its wrong to cheat,
a moral man won't. :yes:
May your wife and children and friends beware of you, because you will dishornor them to get ahead.
Shame on you.:mad:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You have alot in common with Anthony Weiner, he has no Honor either.:twitcy:
Go buy your black and yellow hawkeye stuff, that is where you belong.:sad:
If you have to cheat to win, your a cheater not a winner.:shocked:
Morals and ethics, an Ethical man knows its wrong to cheat,
a moral man won't. :yes:
May your wife and children and friends beware of you, because you will dishornor them to get ahead.
Shame on you.:mad:

Go back and read my other posts. I'm saying if we bend the rules or work around the grey areas and it helps our program then I'm okay with it. Go take your moral high horse post somewhere else. I never said i wanted us to cheat and commit major infractions

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Go back and read my other posts. I'm saying if we bend the rules or work around the grey areas and it helps our program then I'm okay with it. Go take your moral high horse post somewhere else. I never said i wanted us to cheat and commit major infractions

I want to be like SMU of the 80's.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Typical...younger generation wanting to take the easy road to success instead of working for it.

Yeah, I mean, we have been working on a conference football title for what, 80 or 90 years? That is working out pretty well for us.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
3 words:

"Honor Before Victory"

Yeah, I mean, we have been working on a conference football title for what, 80 or 90 years? That is working out pretty well for us.

I don't think we need to cheat though; I'm all for being relaxed academically and poaching recruits though. Maybe some negative recruiting for good measure.

PR is an ex-SEC DC. He know how to do this and offering a committed kid is proof. I was very happy to see this. It's time to shed the "aw shucks nice Iowa farm boys bull****" and commit to winning. PR is doing this and I think he's probably doing it w/o cheating (capital "C").

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa

CyDude, you posted your opnion, I gave my reaction.
From my White Horse I will offer you more to think over.
My dad taught me my moral compass with this saying,
"You are, what you are, before the eyes of God.
Nothing anyone says for you or against you will change his opnion of You.
Man judges you by accomplishments, God by the intention of your heart."

You have a nice day.:rolleyes:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
CyDude, you posted your opnion, I gave my reaction.
From my White Horse I will offer you more to think over.
My dad taught me my moral compass with this saying,
"You are, what you are, before the eyes of God.
Nothing anyone says for you or against you will change his opnion of You.
Man judges you by accomplishments, God by the intention of your heart."

You have a nice day.:rolleyes:
God has no relevence here... Sorry take that to the politics-religion section.

TechCyclone

Aug 31, 2010
Mawell, IA
Seems ironic that the last time we made a strong resurgence in a sport was when Gene Smith and Tim Floyd were here at the same time. I personally liked them both and that was a fun time but in retrospect it makes me wonder if we were on the up and up, just bending or flat oput breaking?

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
I don't think we need to cheat though; I'm all for being relaxed academically and poaching recruits though. Maybe some negative recruiting for good measure.

PR is an ex-SEC DC. He know how to do this and offering a committed kid is proof. I was very happy to see this. It's time to shed the "aw shucks nice Iowa farm boys bull****" and commit to winning. PR is doing this and I think he's probably doing it w/o cheating (capital "C").

IF CPR learned anything in the SEC, it would be recruiting kids you want even after they are committed. I am pretty sure he learned a lot more too:yes:.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Seems ironic that the last time we made a strong resurgence in a sport was when Gene Smith and Tim Floyd were here at the same time. I personally liked them both and that was a fun time but in retrospect it makes me wonder if we were on the up and up, just bending or flat oput breaking?

Apparently you missed out on the 2000 football season and 1999-2001 basketball seasons, which were the Vandevelde/McCarney/Eustachy era (man I want to stab myself for showing Vandevelde in a positive light...)

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011

That doesn't even make sense. You judge people by their avatars? :biglaugh:

and if it means we have to commit some small violations, then I'm perfectly okay with that.

Small violations? What do you consider small? Last time I checked cheating is cheating. If I look over at my partners test for just ONE answer instead of multiple answers, it is still considered cheating.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Does anyone here think we might of cheated a little during our successful years in basketball while Floyd was coaching the mens basketball program?

Didn't Kenny Pratt get a DUI while driving a new car (mustang I think) that was registered to some booster? That sounds like a Floyd move.