Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Some of the toys and products I worked on for Far From Home, specifically the plush toys in the middle were a big project getting to do the concept from scratch. I'm not sure Mysterio has ever been a plush toy before and the few previous Nick Fury plush toys were pretty bad. These are sold at most Cinemark theaters, some AMC chains, and some smaller theater chains.
sRk7rC2.jpg

I've never seen any Mysterio toy, plushy or otherwise.
That is cool.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Some of the toys and products I worked on for Far From Home, specifically the plush toys in the middle were a big project getting to do the concept from scratch. I'm not sure Mysterio has ever been a plush toy before and the few previous Nick Fury plush toys were pretty bad. These are sold at most Cinemark theaters, some AMC chains, and some smaller theater chains.
sRk7rC2.jpg
This is an awesome picture. Maybe I did not get a good look at Mysterio before.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've never seen any Mysterio toy, plushy or otherwise.
That is cool.

I wanted him in the line and drew him in original concept just because I love the idea of a fun toy with no face, then some internal and customer feedback wanted to leave him out (because characters that have been in movies before are more safe for sell through), then Marvel approvals luckily asked if we could put him back in.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I wanted him in the line and drew him in original concept just because I love the idea of a fun toy with no face, then some internal and customer feedback wanted to leave him out (because characters that have been in movies before are more safe for sell through), then Marvel approvals luckily asked if we could put him back in.

You won the good fight.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
sRk7rC2.jpg
I hate you.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Far From Home is an incredible movie. Daughter and I are already planning a return trip for a second showing.

Wowsers, did you check out a midnight showing or something? I've got tickets myself for 6:40 pm tonight with my wife. Can't wait!!!!

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Wowsers, did you check out a midnight showing or something? I've got tickets myself for 6:40 pm tonight with my wife. Can't wait!!!!
Yep, we’re in Denver for softball all week. Daughter is in an all-star game tonight, then her team starts playing tomorrow.
Yesterday we had a full day to ourselves so we went hiking near Boulder. Then the Regal Pavilion RPX downtown had a midnight showing so we went. The best part was when we were exiting the hotel at 11:45pm and her Coach was outside smoking. He totally caught us.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yep, we’re in Denver for softball all week. Daughter is in an all-star game tonight, then her team starts playing tomorrow.
Yesterday we had a full day to ourselves so we went hiking near Boulder. Then the Regal Pavilion RPX downtown had a midnight showing so we went. The best part was when we were exiting the hotel at 11:45pm and her Coach was outside smoking. He totally caught us.

More power to yah man. I love these movies and when I was younger and midnight showings were big and our only option, I was all over them. However, it would take a lot for me to go to another one now a days and shoot, and I'm only 34 years old. I just love my sleep too much, which is why I'm super glad they introduced Thursday preview screenings for most movies. This movie is just one of the exceptions due to its moved up release date.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Question: Is Far From Home kid-friendly?

I'm thinking that there wouldn't be anything my buddy couldn't handle, but that's just a half-witted assumption.
I'd say it's kid-friendly.
Relationships don't go further than kissing or holding hands. There is one innuendo that my daughter just reminded me of, that I completely missed. Young (and old, like me, lol) children will not catch it. lol, teenagers. On the whole, it's quite adorkable.

There are fight scenes. Definite violent action that would kill people outside of the comic book world. And a small bit of blood, but no gore splatters

Reactions: cyrevkah

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Take your kids to Far From Home and if it's sold out just go to Midsommar that comes out tomorrow. Family fun.

• Funny
Reactions: bos

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
@CycloneErik I just remembered one more thing.

There is a risque scene where a character is having to change clothes, and a third party walks in. Completely platonic scene, but as usual per Hollywood screenwriting, the person walking in misinterprets what's going on.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
@CycloneErik I just remembered one more thing.

There is a risque scene where a character is having to change clothes, and a third party walks in. Completely platonic scene, but as usual per Hollywood screenwriting, the person walking in misinterprets what's going on.

Haha, you gave me something to remember and then labeled it with a spoiler tag. So, should I open now or wait until after I see it tonight?