• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I want to throw another idea out there. I remember hearing comments, following Spider-Man: Far From Home’s post-credits scene, criticizing how Talos easily fell for a fake multiverse theory created by Mysterio.

If the Skrulls are involved in SWORD as Far From Home’s post-credits scene seems to imply, then they would presumably have knowledge of the WandaVision pocket-universe situation at that point as well, leading Talos to fully buy into the idea that he and his partner are actually chasing after rifts that were hypothetically allowing Mysterio’s fake dimensional creatures through.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
McKellen or Fassbender?

I'm just saying if you need to create a device so you can pull a bunch of characters from disparate timelines or universes together and place them into one reality all at once in order to kick off a new Marvel movie phase, this isn't a bad way to do it.

They've established now that things conjured inside the Maximov Anomaly are fully realized when they pass through it. As a device, it's better than the time travel heist from IW/EG for solving the problem of how you get the parts of the MCU that you want to move the story forward, IMO.

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
My wife posed a mini-theory: when Mrs. Hart is telling Wanda to “Stop It” in the first episode, that’s the first time we see Wanda’s reality breaking down and Mrs. Hart becomes lucid and aware of what’s happening again, similar to when Vision snapped Norm out of his trance in episode 5.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Gotta admit, this series has me finally all-in. They have officially won me over with the slow-burn intrigue. I honestly can't wait for the next episode. Great storytelling so far Feige.

Reactions: Frak and jctisu

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Falcon & The Winter Soldier preview that was shown during the Super Bowl:

Series drops March 19, which is two weeks following the WandaVision finale (so 1 full week without any MCU content).

This series has a rumored 6 episodes, which would mean the series finale would be April 23. Two weeks later (May 7) is the theatrical release date for Black Widow. Loki also scheduled to come out sometime in May, but no release date yet.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So are we putting WandaVision theories in spoilers? I will just in case:

It's pretty apparent that Agnes is one of the few characters aware what is happing in Westview, and is likely the villain. I've seen a lot of great theories about her being a witch or perhaps Mephisto, which is probably likely, but here is my wild take.

She's reprising her character from Into the Spiderverse: Olivia Octavius/Doctor Octopus

We know that there has been a flurry of recasting past Spider-Man actors for the third installment. We also know that Wanda plays a role in Doctor Strange 2, and Doctor Strange will also appear in Spider-Man 3. So that's 3 MCU properties (WandaVision, Doctor Strange 2, and Spider-Man 3) that are leaning heavily into Multiverse.

How does Olivia Octavius fit in to this? Well, look no further than Into the Spiderverse, whose Multiverse research was funded by Wilson Fisk in order to find a version of his wife & son (killed in his universe) and bring them over to his present universe. Doc Ock and Wanda could be working together on a similar experiment to revive Vision. But why does Doc Ock need Vision? Glad you asked: in Spider-Man 2, that version of Otto Octavius (rumor is that he is appearing in Spider-Man 3) was researching a new Fusion reactor and the tentacles he used to manipulate the fusion arcs were controlled using an AI program. Doc Ock likely needs a lot of power to open her own Multiverse portals, so getting access to the smartest AI on the planet - Vision - is key to developing her technology. Wanda isn't being manipulated - she and Doc Ock have planned this from the start. Wanda is on a mission to get Vision back, so she is continuing the charade until Doc Ock's research can accomplish that goal.

I know this isn't likely, and it means that Sony-Disney would have to be playing very nicely together to allow a cross-over of this magnitude, but it would be a great reveal, fits with both the MCU and Sony multiverses and also introduces another live-action member of the Sinister Six.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I think LOKI is bumped into the 4th quarter or early next year.
A lot would have to change for Loki to get bumped. They announced that May release window during the Disney Investor call that took place only a few months ago.

My guess is the Loki release date would be May 21, which is two weeks after the theatrical release date of Black Widow. Loki is rumored to be 6 episodes long, so that would put the finale at June 25. The next MCU film, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings, releases two weeks later (July 9).

After Shang-Chi there will be at least 2, (possibly 3) Disney+ series scheduled for 2021: What If, Hawkeye and/or Ms. Marvel.

Reactions: larrysarmy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There are going to be 9 total episodes of WandaVision, right? I'm seeing conflicting things when I try to look it up.

I only thought there were 6 but I wasn't really keeping track of this closely.

I think it's even weirder they didn't release the first 2 or 3 at the same time then.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I only thought there were 6 but I wasn't really keeping track of this closely.

I think it's even weirder they didn't release the first 2 or 3 at the same time then.
People were saying six because they heard there were six hours of content. Instead we have 6 hours of content spread out over 9 episodes. The first episodes were pretty short so we're getting longer episodes as we get into the second half

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
McKellen or Fassbender?

As much as I love both of those I think it's probably less confusing to start with new actors.

The family drama with Magneto/Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch is literally the very first key storyline of the '60s X-Men comics and the Fox movies were just starting to get into it.