Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I only thought there were 6 but I wasn't really keeping track of this closely.

I think it's even weirder they didn't release the first 2 or 3 at the same time then.

I thought there were only 6, but this weekend's digging shows a total of 9.
I was trying to figure out how they were going to land this plane in the next episode. Didn't seem possible.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I thought there were only 6, but this weekend's digging shows a total of 9.
I was trying to figure out how they were going to land this plane in the next episode. Didn't seem possible.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing after last Friday. I was like dang, they left a lot to chew on here for the last episode.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And all the hints that Wanda isn't in control......I thought, whoa, that's gonna be a huge swerve for a finale.

I'm actually happy about it, because before then Wanda was absolutely the villain of this series and she was actively harming thousands of people to live out a fantasy. If she doesn't have control... she needs to pivot to save them.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Marvel is killing it with WandaVison, awesome story telling, creativity and linking the past to the future of the MCU.

Falcon and Winter Soldier will have a high bar to match.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587 and jctisu

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Marvel is killing it with WandaVison, awesome story telling, creativity and linking the past to the future of the MCU.

Falcon and Winter Soldier will have a high bar to match.
Couldn't agree more. It makes me hopeful that X-Men are "relegated" to Disney+. The stories and sheer number of mutants are better suited for TV, rather than trying to cram a narrative (like Dark Phoenix) in a single movie.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Couldn't agree more. It makes me hopeful that X-Men are "relegated" to Disney+. The stories and sheer number of mutants are better suited for TV, rather than trying to cram a narrative (like Dark Phoenix) in a single movie.

Same. Still think the best thing ever created around X-Men was the animated series which is actually streaming on Disney+

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I only thought there were 6 but I wasn't really keeping track of this closely.

I think it's even weirder they didn't release the first 2 or 3 at the same time then.

I think it was originally supposed to be 9, but latest news shows evidence there is a surprise episode 10.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
  • Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

There is rumors out there now that Keanu Reeves has been offered the role of Kraven the Hunter. While I originally wanted Luke Evans in the role, its hard to argue too much about seeing Keanu in any role. Only thing that would be slightly disappointing is the fact that I'd prefer Keanu as some type of hero down the road rather than a villain.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

There is rumors out there now that Keanu Reeves has been offered the role of Kraven the Hunter. While I originally wanted Luke Evans in the role, its hard to argue too much about seeing Keanu in any role. Only thing that would be slightly disappointing is the fact that I'd prefer Keanu as some type of hero down the road rather than a villain.
For having his own film ala Joker, I think it’s a solid idea.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Sounds like Keanu passed on Kraven months ago. From a Disney "Insider" Blogger:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Disney+ currently at 94.9 million subscribers. That was the number as of Jan 2, and does not account for any new subscribers that may have signed up for WandaVision.

At the launch of Disney+, Disney announced that they hoped to reach 90 million subscribers in 4 years, and they eclipsed that number in just 14 months. They have revised that goal to reach 230-260 million subscribers by 2024.

Whispers are that Disney is using Raya and the Last Dragon, which will be same day launch in theaters and Premier Access on Disney+, as a test to see if Black Widow will need to do the same. Black Widow is still set for a theatrical release only, but it appears that Disney is still flexible on that as well as the May release date:

“We are still intending it to be a theatrical release,” Chapek said Thursday during Disney’s quarterly earnings call.

However, Chapek declined to clarify if “Black Widow” will release in May as planned, or if it will be delayed until the box office is less impaired. Marvel movies typically carry production budgets around $200 million (and many millions more to market globally), which makes it virtually impossible to turn a profit at a time when hardly anyone is going to the movies.

“We’re going to be watching very carefully the reopening of theaters and consumer sentiment on going back to theaters,” he added.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Disney+ currently at 94.9 million subscribers. That was the number as of Jan 2, and does not account for any new subscribers that may have signed up for WandaVision.

At the launch of Disney+, Disney announced that they hoped to reach 90 million subscribers in 4 years, and they eclipsed that number in just 14 months. They have revised that goal to reach 230-260 million subscribers by 2024.

Whispers are that Disney is using Raya and the Last Dragon, which will be same day launch in theaters and Premier Access on Disney+, as a test to see if Black Widow will need to do the same. Black Widow is still set for a theatrical release only, but it appears that Disney is still flexible on that as well as the May release date:

I'll pay a fee to watch Black Widow at home.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

The pandemic has a good deal to do with the subscription rate, I'd think.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Absolutely i think it’s all forced a shift that was inevitably coming anyway. I like movie theaters for big blockbusters but have little desire to see dramas and romcoms there. If I can watch movies at home on a big screen I’ll keep going with it.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'll pay a fee to watch Black Widow at home.

If 10% of Disney+ subscribers were to pay premier access ($29.99) for Black Widow it would come out to $284 million which would rank #16 (out of 24) for domestic MCU releases. Pair that with box office numbers and I think Disney would be foolish not to try it.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik and bos

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
If 10% of Disney+ subscribers were to pay premier access ($29.99) for Black Widow it would come out to $284 million which would rank #16 (out of 24) for domestic MCU releases. Pair that with box office numbers and I think Disney would be foolish not to try it.

And now that there's been a large gap between Marvel movies, 10% doesn't seem that difficult to attain.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron