Marty Tirrell appears to be in financial hot water

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
He will just file bankruptcy. The law will confiscate some of his crap and sell it. Then his remaining debts will be wiped free and in a few years he will start all over. It's the 'Merican way.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The really sad part about Marty is that he has a toddler. People like him shouldn't be allowed to have children and set them up for the **** storm this is going to become.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He will just file bankruptcy. The law will confiscate some of his crap and sell it. Then his remaining debts will be wiped free and in a few years he will start all over. It's the 'Merican way.

I thought they were going to make it harder to file.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I don't wish financial trouble on anyone either...you know, someone has unexpected medical bills, loses a job, other hardships.

Swindling people out of money? Not paying legit debts? Criminal activity? Not nearly as empathetic.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Speaking of KXNO could somebody fire those morning guys Travis and Ross whoever? I don't know why but I try to listen occasionally and in 5 minutes I just have to shut it off every time.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
At the risk of looking stupid, I"ll ask. What did the "62 & even" refer to? Never got that.

Horseracing term. I believe it refers to opening odds on every horse to win, place, or show. 6-1 win, 2-1 place, even to show. I think. Not completely sure.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Messing with a NY ticket broker. His legal problems may just be the least of his troubles.

This has the makings of a Grisham novel. Marty on the run from the feds and the mob. One day he just disappears. Rumors are he is buried under the south end zone at Jack Trice. 10 years later a central Iowa aid worker is in a remote mountain village in Bolivia and recognizes Marty's voice arguing with someone over some pointless topic.

I can't believe Deery brothers put Luebke on TV. It's one thing to give a guy a second (or is this his fifth or sixth) chance, but to put him on TV a month after he's released from prison seems odd. He was sentenced for 5 years and supposedly had to serve a minimum of 2.5 years, which would have made his release in July 2015.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Who is this steve Lueke guy and what did he do that made people mad. Just curious. I have no idea.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Speaking of KXNO could somebody fire those morning guys Travis and Ross whoever? I don't know why but I try to listen occasionally and in 5 minutes I just have to shut it off every time.

They spend most of my morning commute giving away $5 worth of donuts.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA

Agreed, I listen to them every morning and my way to work and I swear half the show is radio silence while they try and think of things to say. The Canadian guy (not sure who is who) really bugs me for some reason. Sadly I prefer them over Miller and Brinson who are on during my drive home from work.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Agreed, I listen to them every morning and my way to work and I swear half the show is radio silence while they try and think of things to say.
That's the Jim Rome model.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Was GM at Toyota of Des Moines, I know he was arrested for multiple DUIs, or OWIs whatever, 4 I think?

Yes 4 in Nov of 2012 so he hasn't been in that long at all. There is also some stuff in register about him giving false info regarding a stolen vehicle.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
“We ******* do not ******* owe them ******* any money.â€￾ - What Marty really said in the email.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron