Marty Tirrell appears to be in financial hot water

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Horseracing term. I believe it refers to opening odds on every horse to win, place, or show. 6-1 win, 2-1 place, even to show. I think. Not completely sure.

Interesting. I could only think it might be a golf reference... shoot a 6, shoot a 2, back to even.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This has the makings of a Grisham novel. Marty on the run from the feds and the mob. One day he just disappears. Rumors are he is buried under the south end zone at Jack Trice. 10 years later a central Iowa aid worker is in a remote mountain village in Bolivia and recognizes Marty's voice arguing with someone over some pointless topic.

I can't believe Deery brothers put Luebke on TV. It's one thing to give a guy a second (or is this his fifth or sixth) chance, but to put him on TV a month after he's released from prison seems odd. He was sentenced for 5 years and supposedly had to serve a minimum of 2.5 years, which would have made his release in July 2015.

No way should he be allowed within 25 miles of JT...alive OR dead!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Steve is now the General Manager for Deery Brothers in Pleasant Hill. He was previously in prison in Newton maybe?
I posted on Deery's Facebook how they could hire someone who has no regard for human safety as their general manager, it sat on their wall for a week, then they deleted it.
They will never get any of my business because of their actions now.

I can't believe they actually run commercials with this clown. Although Deery sucks anyway. Dan Deery in Cedar Falls ripped off my 95 year old great aunt in a very bad way.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The snowstorm this weekend will be nothing compared to the snowstorm that Marty Tirrell has going on his head.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
He will just file bankruptcy. The law will confiscate some of his crap and sell it. Then his remaining debts will be wiped free and in a few years he will start all over. It's the 'Merican way.

It's groundhogs day for Marty. How many chances has this guy had? Way too many IMO. You either learn from your past mistakes like a real adult or you are really just a giant pile of **** to society. It's clear which Marty has chosen.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
Is there any chance the guy is addicted to sports betting? I always heard him ramble on about gambling lines and horse racing odds and I could swear he knew some guy who was arresting for running a sports betting ring in Norwalk a few years ago?

Apr 19, 2006
Is there any chance the guy is addicted to sports betting? I always heard him ramble on about gambling lines and horse racing odds and I could swear he knew some guy who was arresting for running a sports betting ring in Norwalk a few years ago?

I forgot about that Norwalk ring. I can't remember how all of that ended up.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Was GM for Toyota of DSM. Apparently addicted to driving while intoxicated, over and over and over,

also was just a horrible horrible person. Kind of person that made you want to jump off a cliff if you had to spend any ammount of time with him. which I did. which sucked. How he managed to fit his head into that car dealership everyday made me wonder.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
It's groundhogs day for Marty. How many chances has this guy had? Way too many IMO. You either learn from your past mistakes like a real adult or you are really just a giant pile of **** to society. It's clear which Marty has chosen.

He doesn't have to learn from them. Its everyone else that for some reason trusts this guy.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
that cityview article is pretty damning....thats a scary amount of bad news. But what kind of ******* agrees to buy tickets and never pays up????

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
The Troy Aikman thing sounds pretty fishy to me from both sides. Why wouldn't they just contact his booking agent directly if they wanted him? Why would you ever pay that much up front?

Help Support Us

Become a patron