Malik Dime---Indian Hills (reported UW commit)

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Re: Malik Dime---Indian Hills

What about Roderick Bobbitt? Is he going to get an offer if Vaughn goes elsewhere? I would love to have this guy.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

What about Roderick Bobbitt? Is he going to get an offer if Vaughn goes elsewhere? I would love to have this guy.

I would guess so. He seems like a good replacement for RV should he choose elsewhere. He could fit in at two different positions, and if he didn't start, he and Naz would be a great change of pace off the bench for MM/MT as they could score in bunches.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Offensively, he is very raw. Extremely athletic and could be a great addition on the defensive end and someone who could get a lot of put backs/dunks. Would be intimidating to have on the other end. Seems to like Iowa State. Pretty sure he has visited a few times.

Sounds like what we thought we were getting with Dustin Hogue, if so, yes please.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Freshman highlights from Indian Hills

:55 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL41QZe_8TM

tumblr_m4bwlzgN0h1qgnf10.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

We like versatile players and he seems rather one-dimensional. Or maybe that is just because the mix tape is focused on him being "above the rim."

sapstud

Oct 2, 2013

A guy like this would give us some a true post player with athleticism - if you caught the Kentucky v. Michigan game on Sunday you saw what it was like to throw one up towards the rim and have a guy grab it out of the sky and deliver.

They also said Embid at Kansas was a "raw talent" this year and now he is projecting as a top pick, if not the top pick in the draft.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

We like versatile players and he seems rather one-dimensional. Or maybe that is just because the mix tape is focused on him being "above the rim."

Most of McKay's game in juco was very similar. I don't mind a guy being one dimensional if he brings a dimension that no one else on the team has, that makes the team more versatile.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Most of McKay's game in juco was very similar. I don't mind a guy being one dimensional if he brings a dimension that no one else on the team has, that makes the team more versatile.

Is he even that one-dimensional? Or was that just a video showcasing one dimension? Surely somebody has seen him play live and can report.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Is he even that one-dimensional? Or was that just a video showcasing one dimension? Surely somebody has seen him play live and can report.

exactly, its a JUCO highlight tape, by nature JUCO bball is played above the rim. That's whats going to stand out. Not mention he plays at IHCC, they play lots of guys so he wouldn't be asked to Hakeem Olajuwon.

Last edited:

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

I think he'd be a good backup plan for Darien Williams and maybe Jordan Washington in terms of 2015 JUCO posts

cy47

Mar 29, 2014

Saw malik a lot. He is pretty raw at this point but matured as the year went on. He us already a good shot blocker and hasthe athleticism to be anoffensive threat. Runs the floor well. Biggest thing with any indian hills guy.. he plays for an up tempo team that avg 115/game this year and played for a national championship. Thats tge kind of guy I want...a guy that can play the isu style and knows how to win.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Saw malik a lot. He is pretty raw at this point but matured as the year went on. He us already a good shot blocker and hasthe athleticism to be anoffensive threat. Runs the floor well. Biggest thing with any indian hills guy.. he plays for an up tempo team that avg 115/game this year and played for a national championship. Thats tge kind of guy I want...a guy that can play the isu style and knows how to win.

Thanks. It is good to hear from someone who has watched him in person. How many minutes per game did he play?

cy47

Mar 29, 2014

He played aroung 15 per game. Hills plays a lot of guys so thats not uncommon. Hogues role at ihccwas much greater at isu than ihcc. Dime avg 9 and 5 in conference in 15 minutes/ game. Pretty solid. Mckay was much more polished at this point in his career though. But def a lot of untapped talent