Malik Dime---Indian Hills (reported UW commit)

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Re: Malik Dime---Indian Hills

I don't know if he,d be tops on my list. He plays pretty similar to Hogue did and is taller but I don't think he is as competetive. I like their 7 footer Akolda Manyang better. He really improved and was starting during the end of the year. I haven't checked the stats but would guess he had more blocked shots.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

I don't care who we get from IHCC, as long as we keep that pipeline flowing. If there is talent there, we need to have it locked down.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

I prefer my players to be 4 dimensional. You know the space time thingy. That way he can block shots literally into next week.
If you are 4 dimensional, the game can really slow down. Take it from the captain.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

That kid is a dunk machine.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

I think he'd be a good backup plan for Darien Williams and maybe Jordan Washington in terms of 2015 JUCO posts
Agree (and Williams would be a huge get and would fit in alongside Georges very well_.

Dime is probably not Big 12 starter level right now imo, but when you compare him to guys that have helped us, like Edozie, he has a higher ceiling and would play more. He will end up at some high major. As has been mentioned, IHCC has the two other intriguing posts in Washington from NYC (6'8" and probably 250) and Manyang from Duluth (7'0" and 245).

Washington's game is not the athlete Dime is, but is probably the most naturally skilled and Big 12 ready. He was a 'Nova verbal as a soph in high school if I recall correctly, and has been known to be a guy that could be big-time if he ever "got it". Manyang really improved this year and IHCC assistant coach tweeted that KU is nowactively recruiting him.

I think it is hard to know on IHCC posts due to the fact they play so fast and there is not much advanced half-court post action at the juco level.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Can you guys imagine getting Williams and having him, McKay, and Georges on the court at the same time? Uh, mismatches galore.

theCyBooty

Sep 7, 2012

I don't know if he,d be tops on my list. He plays pretty similar to Hogue did and is taller but I don't think he is as competetive. I like their 7 footer Akolda Manyang better. He really improved and was starting during the end of the year. I haven't checked the stats but would guess he had more blocked shots.

Manyang averaged 2.8 blocks, Dime 2.9. Manyang averaged 8.5 points, Dime 7.7 points. Indian Hills rotates players alot to allow everyone to develop and show case, sometimes resulting in lower numbers. Manyang averaged 12.8 minutes, Dime 10.8.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

He played aroung 15 per game. Hills plays a lot of guys so thats not uncommon. Hogues role at ihccwas much greater at isu than ihcc. Dime avg 9 and 5 in conference in 15 minutes/ game. Pretty solid. Mckay was much more polished at this point in his career though. But def a lot of untapped talent

I really like what Indian Hills is doing . . . and the pipeline to ISU. How does Indian Hills get these guys? For instance, why does Hogue (from Yonkers) pick Indian Hills of all places? Do the players come to the school looking for an opportunity? Or does the coach go out and find these guys? Is it another variation of "Focus Town?" It is an amazing collection of players . . . that annually seems to be replenished.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

I really like what Indian Hills is doing . . . and the pipeline to ISU. How does Indian Hills get these guys? For instance, why does Hogue (from Yonkers) pick Indian Hills of all places? Do the players come to the school looking for an opportunity? Or does the coach go out and find these guys? Is it another variation of "Focus Town?" It is an amazing collection of players . . . that annually seems to be replenished.
Perry and his staff at IHCC are great recruiters and IHCC is a big name in the world of jucos.
Hogue was not a sought after recruit, IHCC just did a better job of evaluating than others.

2009ChEClone

Oct 13, 2012

I just wonder where these guys with a limited offensive game fit into Fred's system. A shot blocker would a great, but our offense is all predicated on speading the floor, mismatches and everyone being a threat. If you throw in a guy that can only rebound and dunk, I just don't know what that does to our flow.

this^
I would like to have a Cato type center to help the defense and for matchup purposes and would welcome the addition of Dime. That said, Fred really hasn't appered to put a priority on this type of player in the past. The starting centers under Fred were Vanderbeken, White and now Niang (with the PF being Ejim). I am sure CFH could tailor his offense to incorportate a true post w/o an outside game but, I am not sure that is what he prefers. Of course Endozie and Percy getting scholarships would be contrary to my thinking, though honestly they really haven't been getting minutes unless there is foul trouble or blowouts.

So would we have passed on Joel Embiid?

2009ChEClone

Oct 13, 2012

I just wonder where these guys with a limited offensive game fit into Fred's system. A shot blocker would a great, but our offense is all predicated on speading the floor, mismatches and everyone being a threat. If you throw in a guy that can only rebound and dunk, I just don't know what that does to our flow.

this^
I would like to have a Cato type center to help the defense and for matchup purposes and would welcome the addition of Dime. That said, Fred really hasn't appered to put a priority on this type of player in the past. The starting centers under Fred were Vanderbeken, White and now Niang (with the PF being Ejim). I am sure CFH could tailor his offense to incorportate a true post w/o an outside game but, I am not sure that is what he prefers. Of course Endozie and Percy getting scholarships would be contrary to my thinking, though honestly they really haven't been getting minutes unless there is foul trouble or blowouts.

No, but how does this relate to Dime?
Embiid was raw in the context of being a lottery pick. Dime is just raw.

They were basically saying that we would not want a player that only plays down low, shot blocker, rebounder, post player.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006

I don't put much stock into a player being "raw" or "undersized" or "one dimensional." Some of the best players and teams we've had at ISU were with blue collar players that wanted to get better.

1996/1997 team
Jacy Holloway---Undersized/limited athleticism
Dedric Willoughby---Was the 6th man at New Orleans prior to ISU. One dimensional (shooter)
Kenny Pratt---Undersized at 6'3" playing the 3/4
Shawn Bankhead---Didn't do anything spectacular and was also a bit undersized
Kelvin Cato---Transferred to ISU from South Alabama. About as "raw" a prospect as ISU has taken since I've been alive.

I've watched almost everyone of Dime's games and he fills a role for us very similar to Cato. Remember all the lob passes from the baseline Ejim had against TCU this year? That could be a set play for Dime every time down the floor. He also had 10 blocks in 16 minutes one game this year.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

It's hard to tell much from these highlight tapes but some things that caught my eye are that he appears to have good hands and knows when to anticipate a pass. He also seemed to have decent form on his free throws.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014

What's the verdict? Is he available in the class of 2015 or 2014?

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion

Remember all the lob passes from the baseline Ejim had against TCU this year? That could be a set play for Dime every time down the floor. He also had 10 blocks in 16 minutes one game this year.
I have a feeling McKay is going to be out set play lob guy next year but I'd take Dime to do the same in two years. And I don't care what level you're playing at 10 blocks in 16 minutes is a great stat.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron