Make LJ backup quarterback

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So is Boeker the guy if Arnaud gets his wind knocked out? I would assume Tiller would come in if he goes out for any extended period but its more likely that he may go down for a play or two.

BTW, wasn't it Rosenfels that did that. He burnt his redshirt because of one drive?

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Like i said, I think we go with Bueker if AA goes down. unless he goes down for the season.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
We have a few Ex QBs on the team.... anyway... Its Bo Williams show next year

There are much better former QB's on the team than LJ.

Like this guy for example:

First-team all-state tight end who played quarterback the final six games of his career ... threw for 848 yards and seven touchdowns

Link

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
This may sound strange, but LJ may well be as good at the quarterback position as anyone on the team. Instead of burning a Tiller redshirt, make LJ the backup. From what I've seen and read, he was a QB in high school, great arm, speed the whole package. Anyone doubt he could do it?
Get serious. He's an athlete but that can only get you so far.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO...KEEP THE REDSHIRT ON TILLER. IT ISN'T WORTH IT AT THIS POINT. Keep in mind, if Tiller plays this year, then Tiller will most likely only play ONE season at ISU because he'd be one class behind AA. Disaster if you ask me. We'll have two more seasons like this where JT is unhappy because he isn't getting to play.

ST8BRN

Nov 17, 2006
Pioneer, IA
When people read our message boards, they have to think "what a bunch of dumb *****". Seriously. Move our starting cornerback to back up quarterback? Let's just put the kicker back there. Wow. I think every time ketelmeister starts a thread, a little piece of me dies....

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
you want an ex qb!? BEN LAMAAK BABY :smile: haha but yes i agree with those that are going with Bueker. He has a better toss than PB (yea rip me for saying PB wasnt good, but ive seen it in practice)

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
I agree with what has been said. Unless Austen, God forbid, goes with an injury which he will miss major time, Buecker will be the back-up. I don't think they'll burn the redshirt on Tiller unless they absolutely have to.

Now the question is, how does this affect our recruiting. I know Coach Chizik said he wasn't planning to recruit a quarterback this year. So, do we go after a juco quarterback (Reynolds? Someone else?) or see how far Tiller is coming along and just sign a HS QB? Or none at all?

Questions to ponder.