MAILBAG: Updating expectations

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think the game on Saturday will dictate a lot.... On a lighter note, we have a week between the next 2 games. I think we go 3-2 in the next 5, which puts us at 5-4 in conference.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Niang isn't the only one who could have fouled out on moving screens. Even Mrs. Velo who was only half watching the game commented that the players in grey seemed to think the way to set a screen was to contact the player and then move in what ever direction the defender was trying to go.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
Niang isn't the only one who could have fouled out on moving screens. Even Mrs. Velo who was only half watching the game commented that the players in grey seemed to think the way to set a screen was to contact the player and then move in what ever direction the defender was trying to go.

I noticed this during the Iowa game when Georges was called for an illegal screen, and have been watching other teams on screens. I've seen several teams do this. The screener waits until the player makes contact, and then turns into the player and heads toward the hoop or back for a 3. It maintains longer contact with the player being screened, but sure looks like a moving screen to me every time.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Eric Church? Really? He's like the male version of Taylor Swift. Instead of heartbreak, boys, and love...its boozing, fighting, and smoking. Man stuff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron