*** Mafia Sign-Up Thread: THE MANDALORIAN ***

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
How does the daily voting work? Is it a PM to the person running the game?
You'll vote publicly using bold text. For example:

Vote Farnsworth.

If you want to change your vote, you can rescind, which would look like:

Rescind Farnsworth, vote cyguytillidie.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I would like to play, but never have before. Would someone be able to provide me with the rules and how the process works in an online forum?

Whatever you do don't read through the Trailer Park Boys Mafia for tips and help on what to do. I mayored that and it was a ROYAL **** up.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
This sounds fun, I'm in. I assume I just need to out a watch on the game thread once the game starts?

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
This sounds fun, I'm in. I assume I just need to out a watch on the game thread once the game starts?
Yep... Just try to check in on occasion. I'll post the game thread in the Gaming and Hobbies forum, which is opt-in, so if you aren't subscribed to it yet then be sure to go to your preferences in your profile and make sure you're part of it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Beware. If you post too much, you're mafia scum. If you post too little, you're mafia scum. If you post just the right amount, you're mafia scum
giphy.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yep... Just try to check in on occasion. I'll post the game thread in the Gaming and Hobbies forum, which is opt-in, so if you aren't subscribed to it yet then be sure to go to your preferences in your profile and make sure you're part of it.
Is it starting tomorrow or Monday?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You'll vote publicly using bold text. For example:

Vote Farnsworth.

If you want to change your vote, you can rescind, which would look like:

Rescind Farnsworth, vote cyguytillidie.

I'm not sure to be honored or outraged.

Either way in for a good clapping

Reactions: Fitzy

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
The short of it:

Prior to the game starting, everyone is assigned a role. The majority of the roles are "innocents", some of which have added special powers which will be known to everyone. There will also be a minority of players assigned to the "mafia", who have the power to kill one non-mafia player every night.

Every day, all players in the game select one person to vote for, and the person with the most votes at the end of each day is killed off. Obviously innocents want to find and kill the mafia, and the mafia wants to preserve their numbers.

The innocents win the game if there are no mafia members left alive. The mafia wins the game if they ever outnumber the innocents.

In the past, one of the recommended ways to see how things work is to read a past game thread or two. Here are three that are different enough from each other if you wanna go back and study a bit:

Calvin & Hobbes Mafia (the last one I mayored)

Price is Right Mafia

Ace Ventura Mafia
FYI - Those past game threads don't open for me...says error. I'm guessing they are housed somewhere I do not have permission to view?

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
FYI - Those past game threads don't open for me...says error. I'm guessing they are housed somewhere I do not have permission to view?
Yep... You probably have to opt-in to the gaming & hobbies forum. Under preferences in your profile settings.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
What is the time commitment to play this?
Varies... Technically you could just get on for a couple minutes a day to place your vote, but if you want to be involved you will likely need to do some reading through the thread each day to stay informed on what's going on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Safe to say I’ve never made it to day 2 in a fitzy hosted mafia - he messaged me asking if I’d play. I said I always die N1 when he hosts. He then offered me complete immunity first 3 days, so now I’m here.
Note to self: Now Cubsy doesn't even wait for game thread before he gets delusional ...
;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron