Looks like another reverse

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
scout shows Jared Edwards taking a trip there this weekend. Has his scholly been pulled?!? Hes been committed to us for 2 months.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Wow, are we going to have anyone that stays committed by the end of this?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Maybe Chizik will open up tryouts like in Invcible and I can lead us to victory.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
u know how Whitney lewis that 5* wide reciever went to USC and then transfered to uni. Thats gonna happen to us. Well wait I guess we got bo Williams. But I cant wait for isu to have a good recruiting class

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Well its getting harder and harder to spin this into a great, good, or even average class. So far we've lost for various reasons (decommits, grades, having a weird dad) lost 4* Ben Cotton, 3*: Joe King, David Grant, Christian Graham, DJ Marshall, and 2*: Russ Ellington, Josh Jordan, and now apparently Jared Edwards. Maybe some others I forgot.

Add in that Leonard Johnson is anything but solid, Haughton and Harper and severe academic risks, and Tuftee and Range really didn't play last year because of ACL tears and it gets scarier. Plus, our best (on paper) recruit Tiller plays QB, a position we may already be set in for some time.

Oh well though, you play the cards your dealt and nobody ever said it was gonna be easy...

...I think Chiz may be assembling the greatest sounding named class of all time though however (Hammerschmidt, Lonzie, Darius Darks, Ter'Ran, Bykowski, and a def big add to this theme would be that big guy who was here this wknd...Ruempolhamer)

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Soo... is Chizik's hard-nosed "We don't want you if you commit, and then take a visit at another school" turning all of our recruits off?

Jesus...

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Soo... is Chizik's hard-nosed "We don't want you if you commit, and then take a visit at another school" turning all of our recruits off?

Jesus...

Ferentz has had the same stance at Iowa for a while. I would assume a lot of other coaches do as well.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I think we will hold on to Leonard Johnson, he is good friends with one of our already committed guys

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Yes its getting a bit crazy with Commits/Decommits etc etc, but look at the hodge report for Kstate, okie St, Texas A&M to just name a few. Its not just us my friends, its apparent that every kid is switching it seems. I also found it ironic that the kid from A&M that most recently had his schollie pulled was because he was taking additional visits after the commit just like what weve been talking about is Chiz's rule.

Can you blame these coaches....they probably tell these kids take your visits, and then let us know. If you commit to us, its a non-binding agreement but, i cannot hold onto a schollie up to signing day and then have a kid back out. I'd rather not take that chance and have us dancing around on Feb 7, 8, 9 trying to pick over whos left.....May be the case anyway....I found it ironic with Edwards....Georgia Tech was recruiting him before, why the change of heart....and with his mom being on several message boards talking about how excited he was to be a clone and he would be lining up at DE....makes you wonder whats going on in the war room.....man it would be frustrating to be in the middle of this war room....just when you think these are your guys, they simply disappear....

Good Luck Staff, were behind you 100%

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron