Looking Ahead to the UNI Dual

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
You really can’t help yourself from being a jerk sometimes can you. Saying that he has less than 1% chance is so disrespectful and incorrect. Yes, there was one big move but Brooks still had over a period to come back from a small deficit and never. Coleman has not wrestled super well the past few weeks but he has the skill to beat anyone at the weight especially if he get’s an early TD. Yes, we understand the odds are against him but it appears he has closed the gap with the top guys and we will find out in the last 5 weeks what that brings.
We’ll find out Friday, and I bet the gap is still significant. Keck -5 and Brooks -2.5 over Keck. If Coleman faces Brooks again it will likely be bonus. Sorry to upset you, but that’s just reality.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It's going to be Kalob Runyan at 197 for UNI would be my guess. He looked really good Sunday. Won't beat Bastida by any means but he's UNI's best option there right now. They'll weigh in Voelker but I don't think he gets the call, I think they'll give him a much more winnable match against Wisconsin for his last date.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
We’ll find out Friday, and I bet the gap is still significant. Keck -5 and Brooks -2.5 over Keck. If Coleman faces Brooks again it will likely be bonus. Sorry to upset you, but that’s just reality.
good thing wrestling is based on results not hypotheticals. Will love to see you eat crow on Friday

cywr89

May 14, 2009
So you have no problem sending CRTC $100 if Marcus is within 5 points on Friday? Since it is reality that Marcus is 5+ points worse than Keck there should be no problem.

Reactions: BirdOfWar

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
What's the cost for Flo? Is there a free trial period?

I want to watch the meet on Friday, but I'm a pretty casual wrestling fan and don't want to be on the hook for a big chunk of change either. Thanks.

Really wish every meet was on ESPN+

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Did he actually weigh 184 or just weigh in for that class? The decent rule used to be based on what your actual weight is, not what class you weigh in for? Example: if he weighed in with the 184 class but actually weighed 178, the decent rule is based off 178?

He weighed in at 84 on OU/OSU weekend, so with the 1.5% descent rule the earliest he can weigh in at 74 would be Big 12s.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I want to watch the meet on Friday, but I'm a pretty casual wrestling fan and don't want to be on the hook for a big chunk of change either. Thanks.

Think you have to buy it on an annual basis not monthly.

• Informative
Reactions: Al_4_State

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

There’s a way supposedly to game that system through other flo sports to get a trial but I haven’t figured it out yet or tried it. Others on here might be able to explain that if it still works.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did he actually weigh 184 or just weigh in for that class? The decent rule used to be based on what your actual weight is, not what class you weigh in for? Example: if he weighed in with the 184 class but actually weighed 178, the decent rule is based off 178?
Plus, if the weigh in was on a Friday or Saturday, he has that week (1-2 days) and on Sunday another week, so can technically go 3% from a Friday dual to a sunday dual. At least that is how HS was a couple years ago. So basically 179.4 on Friday and you can go 174 on Sunday per the old screwed up rules.

Cyowa 14

Iowa State Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Thanks. That's disappointing.
Friday vs UNI and next Wednesday vs Missouri are both on Flo so I would still consider it until next Wednesday vs Missouri. Carr vs O'Toole is the most anticipated match in college wrestling in years. National champs, junior world champs, huge!

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Which is $160, Jesus. Can’t believe they don’t offer a monthly subscription, I’d imagine they get a lot more subs during the wrestling season.
Some sports do offer a monthly subscription option which is like $15. Try to sign up through something bowling or rodeo and see if they do a monthly option.