Lincoln Riley post game

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Also, even the announcers were talking about how it was part of ISU’s game plan to just use the size advantage and either put it where receivers can make a play or force refs to throw a flag. It’s not really any different than a basketball team having a big center and just attacking him to try to draw fouls.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Also, even the announcers were talking about how it was part of ISU’s game plan to just use the size advantage and either put it where receivers can make a play or force refs to throw a flag. It’s not really any different than a basketball team having a big center and just attacking him to try to draw fouls.
Waitasecond. Now you’re saying that size matters?!!

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
He's not crying too badly. He said the kick return was the biggest play of the game. The fact is whatever side lost was going to be complaining about the officials. They threw a ton of flags. And if the roles were reversed ISU fans would be losing their minds over that play on the interception. Who knows if the hold made a difference in the play, but there was enough there to throw a flag IMO, and definitely enough to set a fanbase off. But them's the brakes. OU got away with a lot in the game too.
I am flatly disagreeing with this being a hold. 9 times out of 10, if there is even a hint of a hold the receiver is going to jump up and start hooking his arm to the ref motioning that he was held. OU's #14 never made any motion toward the ref , who was standing right there, that he was held. He was simply resigned that he was well defended. The defender is always going to be brushing against the receiver on every play, regardless of the player or the team.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I think it was a good no call. Looked like he may have had a handful of jersey, and that is technically defensive holding, but he obviously didn’t impede the offensive player from making a play as the jersey never moved, and Eisworth’s arm didn’t even move...he was with him step-for-step. Rattler overthrew his man in double coverage, end of story. Looked like Eisworth was positioned ready to prevent the touchdown (like his earlier PI).

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
The way OU played defense reminded me of WVU in basketball. Foul every play and bank on them not calling them all. Lots of flags ensued. We had our fair share of misfires too, and I can't say that I can complain about too many calls. I will say other than targeting (still don't know exactly what targeting is), I think they got every review correct.