Lincoln Riley post game

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Hold or not it was a really dumb throw. It was a into double coverage with over the top help. I would bet every coach would tell you its a throw you should never make.
I don’t think he realized there was over the top help until it was too late. It’s was disguised well.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hold or not it was a really dumb throw. It was a into double coverage with over the top help. I would bet every coach would tell you its a throw you should never make.
Yeah. It's being overlooked that Young was on time as the ball was reaching it's destination. Even if the WR gets there on time, it would be a tough contested catch against him at best. The throw itself was extremely dangerous.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He also couldn't play in high school playoff games because he got caught smoking weed in the school parking lot.
tenor.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think he was too bad, this guy has to been feeling a little bit of heat. He's 0-2 in the league and plays the only coach in the conference who is as desperate for a win as he is. Next Sunday will be very interesting in either Norman or Austin.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Maybe they should have thrown the a flag. But that's still just 15 yards, not 7 points right? To think it's a forgone conclusion OU scores a TD then converts on a 2 pointer or, kicks the extra point and then wins in OT is a huge stretch. Because after jumping to a 17-3 lead........they only scored 13 more points. And the only TD was set up by our turnover in their territory. So say what they want, we weren't handed the game. Especially with having around 100 yards in penalties ourselves. Give it a rest crimson and cream.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Maybe they should have thrown the a flag. But that's still just 15 yards, not 7 points right? To think it's a forgone conclusion OU scores a TD then converts on a 2 pointer or, kicks the extra point and then wins in OT is a huge stretch. Because after jumping to a 17-3 lead........they only scored 13 more points. And the only TD was set up by our turnover. So say what they want, we weren't handed the game. Especially with having around 100 yards in penalties ourselves. Give it a rest crimson and cream.
PI in the end zone puts the ball on the 2. Did it happen before or after they got into the end Zone?

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln should be upset that his defense continues to be leaky when it matters and there's no excuse for it when you're at OU.

JustAFleshWound

Apr 21, 2015
Officials were equally bad on both sides. OU was blatantly getting away with holding Bailey on nearly every play.

I really don't like how officiating is going across college football. Games all day yesterday were just painful to watch. People don't tune in to watch officials after every play gather together and discuss the flag.... then go to review and stand in front of the camera for 5 mins. It's just gotten ridiculous.

They literally are examining HD video frame by frame, pixel by pixel, to see if a hit was helmet to helmet or not? It's just stupid.
I guess I'm not sure what you're saying here.

On the one hand, you're saying that there are too many flags thrown in college football. Then you said that you thought more flags should have been thrown because Bailey was being held.

Games can either be called tight or loose. I have no problem with either as long as it's consistent.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
What's neat is that either Riley or Herman will have to answer the same questions in 6 more days. Next week's Red River shootout is a battle to stay out of last place in the conference. It should be sponsored by a company that manufactures seat warmers.

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
PI in the end zone puts the ball on the 2. Did it happen before or after they got into the end Zone?
If anything...they could have called holding on Iowa State but I believe it would have only been 5 yard penalty...Oklahoma would still have had work to do just to tie the game.

Honestly, there was a lot worse grabbing and holding going on the entire game.

I lost a lot of respect for Rattler...you are the leader of that team and you whine about one call that cost you the game. Here’s a thought...don’t throw into double coverage

Reactions: t-noah

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Is he going to get penalized for criticizing the referees?

GO CYCLONES!!!
You have to give both Riley and the Rat some slack. One is still learning the ropes as a head coach and the other is an entitled freshman. They just assume that it should be business as usual. They think that they deserve a letter of apology from the league even though they got more benefit from calls / no calls throughout the game.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: Aclone and t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Officials were equally bad on both sides. OU was blatantly getting away with holding Bailey on nearly every play.

I really don't like how officiating is going across college football. Games all day yesterday were just painful to watch. People don't tune in to watch officials after every play gather together and discuss the flag.... then go to review and stand in front of the camera for 5 mins. It's just gotten ridiculous.

They literally are examining HD video frame by frame, pixel by pixel, to see if a hit was helmet to helmet or not? It's just stupid.
Many of OU players were holding/interfering on both sides of the ball much of the game. I had not really realized this may be a common theme for OU over the years, until @Cycsk pointed it out about a week ago in one of his posts. I believe it now. It might be part of their culture? Over-aggressiveness/penalties, maybe so. And they usually get the benefit of the doubt because they are OU. The adjective for that is alluding me at the moment, but they expect to get the calls the majority of the time because of who they are. Add: "entitled", that's it! Thank you @Steve, post #59!!

As far as the targeting call on Vaughn, I didn't agree with it all all from what I saw. Roughing the passer yes, targeting no. And the ref seemed to be taking an eternity to make the call, almost like he was wanting to see somthing that wasn't there. He made the call anyway. :(

Last edited: