Lewis will Play, Lard Out Vs Mizzou

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
the only thing concerning about Lard was redshirted to get his **** together, we heard all the right things about him during that year. Let's hope that wasn't just lip service.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm not calling the coaching staff liars or anything, but until I see him on the court I'm gonna assume Cameron Lard isn't a real human being
I'm starting to wonder if Lard is a made up person by CW to get clicks.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm not calling the coaching staff liars or anything, but until I see him on the court I'm gonna assume Cameron Lard isn't a real human being

He was on the court during the exhibition game. Just in street clothes.

• Disagree
Reactions: Stereotype

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If it was really strike 2 for Lard, then I really doubt he makes it through the year.

What an awesome start to the season! We were likely an NIT team coming into the year with everyone available, now we'll have to be our best to make the NIT. Yipppeee!

It just amazes me the opportunity that is given to these kids, and then they ruin it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If it was really strike 2 for Lard, then I really doubt he makes it through the year.

What an awesome start to the season! We were likely an NIT team coming into the year with everyone available, now we'll have to be our best to make the NIT. Yipppeee!

It just amazes me the opportunity that is given to these kids, and then they ruin it.
Lard’s life is ruined. And with such a bad year we can expect recruits to decommitt. Then next year is garbage, which means future recruiting completely goes in the trash. This leads to Prohm getting fired. Hilton floods and washes away into the Gulf of Mexico, taking out all of the campus.

Slow down man.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This is so ****ing stupid. All this stupid discipline sh*t. The team needs to freaking play together, especially early in the season. This staff wastes so much damn time trying to send messages. So ****ing stupid.

Make him run extra killers and freaking be done with it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is so ****ing stupid. All this stupid discipline sh*t. The team needs to freaking play together, especially early in the season. This staff wastes so much damn time trying to send messages. So ****ing stupid.

I'm always for discipline because without it you have nothing, and no control. However, I would like to know what these guys did? If we're talking late to practice type stuff, then I agree that you run them to near death and move on, but if it's more serious stuff than that, you have no choice but to lay down the law.

I do think Prohm is much more strict than most coaches though. You'd see a lot more guys not playing for teams if their coaches were as strict as Prohm.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

It's worked in the past for Prohm so no reason to doubt him now.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm always for discipline because without it you have nothing, and no control. However, I would like to know what these guys did? If we're talking late to practice type stuff, then I agree that you run them to near death and move on, but if it's more serious stuff than that, you have no choice but to lay down the law.

I do think Prohm is much more strict than most coaches though. You'd see a lot more guys not playing for teams if their coaches were as strict as Prohm.

Well quite frankly it is none of your business

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The difference being we had multiple (4) 38% plus 3-pt shooters. This year we have one. It isn't going to be fun on Friday. 95-73 is my call.
I'm just curious, are you just counting players who have played college ball? Jackson hit 45% last year. However Wigginton hit at a 41% clip his junior year (yes, I know that is high school) and Lewis hit 120 threes his last two years of high school at a 56% clip. Now it may go down in college a bit, but I don't see it crashing much below the 38% threshold you established. The kid can shoot it.

I still think ISU loses with depth and not having yet learned to play together being the biggest problems.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Seems he gives the 'tough love' approach. The expectations are there, and if you don't meet them, you don't play and it's on you to figure it out and it seems Prohm works with the player/person through that process.

Hopefully Lard figures it out (whatever's keeping him out) sooner than later but if not, it's on him.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
nintchdbpict0002368798841.jpg

Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film_frame_352.jpg

Lard_Cameron_16.jpg

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

It’s Prohm’s style. Every HC has their own way they run a program. Obviously Prohm does some things differently than Fred did.

Just relax and trust Prohm knows what he’s doing.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
I'm just curious, are you just counting players who have played college ball? Jackson hit 45% last year. However Wigginton hit at a 41% clip his junior year (yes, I know that is high school) and Lewis hit 120 threes his last two years of high school at a 56% clip. Now it may go down in college a bit, but I don't see it crashing much below the 38% threshold you established. The kid can shoot it.

I still think ISU loses with depth and not having yet learned to play together being the biggest problems.

Yeah, I've been wondering the past few days where this "we've only got one shooter, Jackson" is coming from.
I've only Lewis on video and twice in person in cap league, but IMO he has the purest shooting stroke of any incoming recruit in many years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron