Lewis will Play, Lard Out Vs Mizzou

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I was considering Thomas, as well as Willoughby (sp.?) and some others. But yes. I've been wrong before (Dorsey-Walker, eg.), but we should all hope I'm right about Lewis.

This is a message board, thou shalt never admit to being wrong.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
This is so ****ing stupid. All this stupid discipline sh*t. The team needs to freaking play together, especially early in the season. This staff wastes so much damn time trying to send messages. So ****ing stupid.

Make him run extra killers and freaking be done with it.

Lol an undisciplined team isn’t winning anything.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was thinking it is going to be a painful game to watch. Possibly interesting, but painful.

Maybe. I guess I wouldn't be all that surprised if it ends up being a double digit loss given the circumstances, but are we sure that Missouri is going to be THAT good? I get that Porter kind of ramps up expectations and there's some hype around the program right now, but I wonder if we're giving them a little too much credit.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclone1995

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Maybe. I guess I wouldn't be all that surprised if it ends up being a double digit loss given the circumstances, but are we sure that Missouri is going to be THAT good? I get that Porter kind of ramps up expectations and there's some hype around the program right now, but I wonder if we're giving them a little too much credit.

Good thought, it isn't as if the Tigers are adding Porter to a tourney or even NIT team. Mizzou was at the bottom of D-1 and had a lot of the talent they did have coming back transfer out before Conzo took the reigns. It is an intriguing game with 2 team that are under almost complete roster overhaul. Hard to predict either way who has an advantage other than I do believe Prohm is a better game coach than Martin.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I think Missouri is susceptible to great things on offense and great lapses on defense. They are going to score and probably beat us up on the boards, but Prohm can adjust and coach much better than Martin. If we can get some steals and transition buckets, I'm hoping we can hang around to make Missouri's highly-rated team choke it away.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Where does this Lard fella fall among the pantheon of troublemaker Iowa State MBB players?

1. Sam Mack - duh
2. Kenny Pratt - duh
3. Jared Homan - didn't he try to rip out a parking meter during a riot?
4. Jerome Harper -- he killed a ******* guy
5. Shawn Bankhead - the dude fought people in his dorm room FOR FUN

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
Today, it seems like a number of teams periodically have an individual who pushes the envelope when it comes to team rules. Considering their age and possible backgrounds, some individuals simply don’t fully understand critical nature of acceptance of personal responsibility and accountability. In business, we often found it beneficial for the team sit down together and assist in establishing our team mission and goals. That sense of involvement always seemed to help improve team discipline and clarified the fact that individual actions impact the team and fellow teammates. The sense of unity that arose from these environments also tended to allow fellow teammates an opportunity to take some responsibility for disciplining their teammates.

I have no idea what the problem has been with Lard, but hope he learns to accept personal responsibility for his actions and that the team leaders help to reinforce these concepts. Lard has GREAT potential and let’s face it, we all have made mistakes! For his sake, his future and the sake of the team, I hope we are able put this issue in our rearview mirror and move forward in building team unity, a shared sense of purpose and a burning will to win.

• Winner
Reactions: Seedman and NWICY

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Agree Mizzou not really very good either. I suspect home team wins and so we would win in Ames. Our short roster also hurts since refs tend to call a lot of fouls in early season games. Refs want to establish early how they intend to call games this year. It will be a miracle if ISU wins, but I will still hope!

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017
I just have this feeling Lard is never going to play for us. I hate that feeling
I think your feeling will become a fact. Or he may play for a short time and then be gone. I was worried when he could not complete the needed high school classes on time. But look at the good side, I bet we have the scholarship to use for recruiting next year.

• Disagree
  • Creative
Reactions: jim4 and isufbcurt

DrT

Nov 17, 2012
Mammoth Lakes, CA
This is so ****ing stupid. All this stupid discipline sh*t. The team needs to freaking play together, especially early in the season. This staff wastes so much damn time trying to send messages. So ****ing stupid.

Make him run extra killers and freaking be done with it.

Imagine the difference in results IF Jameel McKay's self-destruct implosion could have been prevented in the middle of the conference schedule... during Georges' and Abdel Nade'rs last season?

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98