Let's have a serious discussion about CPR

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
With people posting thinking we are only going to win between 2 and 5 games, what are your thoughts about keeping CPR if that happens? Personally I'm of the belief that if we don't make a bowl game coach needs to go. We appear to be better this year than last which is a plus. How long is everyone willing to put up with sub .500 records before feeling a change is needed?

If it were up to me, 2-3 wins and he's gone. 4-5 wins and he probably stays. Although it depends on the types of wins. If its 4-5 wins and some close losses, definitely stay. If its 4 wins and blowout losses, then gone.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Look out, someone is dropping names. Looks like you have no real argument, just blind optimism that CPR is going to right the ship. You enjoy living in the clouds, I'll stay down here on earth where people are judged on results. 6-20 is no indication of improvement.

I've seen five year old girls tougher than you.

If you haven't seen improvement then you are an idiot two fold because its about weathering the storm. You whiners don't know how to win.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I've seen five year old girls tougher than you.

If you haven't seen improvement then you are an idiot two fold because its about weathering the storm. You whiners don't know how to win.

More names and no arguments. Year 7 is no time to hear the same tired excuses about weathering the storm. His results speak volumes.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Look out, someone is dropping names. Looks like you have no real argument, just blind optimism that CPR is going to right the ship. You enjoy living in the clouds, I'll stay down here on earth where people are judged on results. 6-20 is no indication of improvement.

What was you opinion after the UNI game? 6-19 is also no indication of improvement. Point is, new season, and you should give it another game or 2 to see what happens. Do I think we will see vast improvement, no, but Im willing to wait another week before I cash in my chips.

Spam

May 21, 2008
McCarney was fired before the season ended, but was allowed to finish the season.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I would like to know what you have watched over the course of the last 26 games that suggests any other than missing a bowl game with 1-4 wins total. I'm not trying to pick at you, just curious as to what gives you such optimism.

My optimism comes from the fact that the upper classmen the last 2 years were recruited when ISU was on the Big 12 chopping block. Also the fact that the coaching staff has bought into the going the JUCO route full bore.

No idea what is wrong with the offense though. No excuse for that second half. They looked pretty good in the first half, then garbage in the second half.

Anyone who thinks they should fire Rhoads midseason and promote Mangino is an idiot.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
What was you opinion after the UNI game? 6-19 is also no indication of improvement. Point is, new season, and you should give it another game or 2 to see what happens. Do I think we will see vast improvement, no, but Im willing to wait another week before I cash in my chips.

Look, I have never once said I don't support the kids on the field. You'd be hard pressed to find much if any criticism I have for the the kids. The staff are salaried employees deserving of criticism for the product they have delivered. My opinion after the UNI game was simple. The defense did what I expected because I actually do believe in Wally. What I don't have faith in is this staffs ability to develop an offense that is ever anything below average. I also have not cashed in on the season, I have cashed in on this staff because I've seen enough. I still donate, I still support the kids, but this staff is out of excuses.

Last edited:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
My optimism comes from the fact that the upper classmen the last 2 years were recruited when ISU was on the Big 12 chopping block. Also the fact that the coaching staff has bought into the going the JUCO route full bore.

No idea what is wrong with the offense though. No excuse for that second half. They looked pretty good in the first half, then garbage in the second half.

Anyone who thinks they should fire Rhoads midseason and promote Mangino is an idiot.

I haven't called for that either.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You act like you have all of the high ground all of the time. WAKE UP.

I do? No, I just don't fail to see anything but Rhoads being fired. Maybe we're a 2 win team this year. Maybe we played our worst half of offensive football this year. Maybe Iowa is a pretty good team. The difference between you and me is that I can accept all of those things as possibilities while you only accept one as being possible. As I have said, the next 2-4 weeks will tell us pretty much everything.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I do? No, I just don't fail to see anything but Rhoads being fired. Maybe we're a 2 win team this year. Maybe we played our worst half of offensive football this year. Maybe Iowa is a pretty good team. The difference between you and me is that I can accept all of those things as possibilities while you only accept one as being possible. As I have said, the next 2-4 weeks will tell us pretty much everything.

What are the next 2 weeks going to tell us that the past 2 YEARS hasn't told us?

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Texas Tech did it for a long time.
They may not have had a traditional running game, but screens, swing passes and the like are essentially running plays. A swing pass is just a toss that is thrown overhand instead of underhand.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron