Lebron James

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I laughed.. What a weird thing to show him. He looked like he expected it though. Did he almost tear up?

I saw a touch of fear.

On a side note, I think the biggest story out of this whole situation is getting ignored. With LeBron gone, Delonte West can now continue to hammer LeBrons mom without it being awkward in the locker room.

ArathornClone

Oct 10, 2006
Anybody else catch the interview with Jim Gray on DP show this morning. Basically, told the story of how this "hour long special" came about. He ran into Mackenzie (LeBron's homeboy/manager/agent) @ NBA finals game 2. Gray mentions casually to him - "hey you should just buy some national network TV time and make the announcement." Mackenzie was intrigued. Later that night Gray ran into Mackenzie AND LeBron @ a restaraunt and mentioned it again. Gray pretty much just asked that he be given the interview. Mackenzie then "took it from there."

So, do I think it was LeBron's idea? No. Do I think LeBron minded the attention? No. Do I think he got some money out of it? No. Just persona/image, etc. which will help endorsement deals later on where he will be paid handsomely.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
NBA teams put together like this don't fall on their face. The Lakers and Celtics are the same type of deal.

The heat winning a title is far from a done deal...they need a lot of veteran role players...they need a big man who can pull down play some D and weighs more than 230 lbs

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Your right. He should have just announced it and not given anything to anyone. A guy uses his fame to get a little money to a charity and gets bashed for it.

My feeling is that if he was really concerned about the charity he could have just given some of his millions to the charity without the whole circus event.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I saw a touch of fear.

On a side note, I think the biggest story out of this whole situation is getting ignored. With LeBron gone, Delonte West can now continue to hammer LeBrons mom without it being awkward in the locker room.

Boo yah. Go Delonte.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
My feeling is that if he was really concerned about the charity he could have just given some of his millions to the charity without the whole circus event.

Already has done that. That also gives them no exposure.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I think the charity part was an afterthought....after the backlash started

ArathornClone

Oct 10, 2006
Already has done that. That also gives them no exposure.

Nailed it. Exposure. No money received from this "announcement special." But exposure which will help with being paid by endorsement deals (where most athletes pile up huge amounts of money.)

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

And there would have been the EXACT same amount of coverage since it's LeBron freaking James. This way he gets some money to charities and controls the situation. I don't see the problem.

Do you really think if he didn't hold this ESPN wouldn't have been all over him anyway?

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Nailed it. Exposure. No money received from this "announcement special." But exposure which will help with being paid by endorsement deals (where most athletes pile up huge amounts of money.)

Pretty sure yaman meant exposure for the charities.. how could LeBron possibly gain more exposure?

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
One positive note, he didn't end up with the Knicks.

One bad note, Skip Bayless has been right about him all along.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron