Lebron James

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
When has having "enough" money stopped people? Lets be honest. I'm willing to bet all parties involved took money from this. IF he really wanted to contribute maybe do the news conference in a poorer area of the country possibly? I'm sure the boys and girls club in detroit or cleveland could use to the benefits much more than a very wealthy town in connecticut.

See my previous posts:

Pretty sure it would go to the general fund, not specifically the Greenwich one.

Why would he take money for this? The PR hit he takes if people know he takes isn't worth the lost advertising dollars.

Regardless of whether you think he is a cocky ahole or not, it wouldn't be a good business decision to take money from this.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
So let me get this straight, Lebron didn't want to play for the Timberwolves? This is an outrage!!!!:chatterbox:*

*:jimlad:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It happened but it was a way of keeping the media off his ***.

Doesn't matter whose idea it was. He didn't have to do it this way. Same with Harrison Barnes.

Your right. He should have just announced it and not given anything to anyone. A guy uses his fame to get a little money to a charity and gets bashed for it.

This isn't even the same as Harrison Barnes. He didn't do this in Cleveland. If that wasn't a sign then I don't know what was.

If Cleveland wants to blame someone they need to look at their front office. Not one move to go get anyone and apparently no push to get anyone this off season. It's their own fault. They were given LeBron and did nothing to keep him their.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Although I bet Farve isn't too happy he didn't think of the idea before James.

Brett will think of something more spectacular. My guess he'll do one of these things:
1. Announce his decision in the White House
2. Interrupting enshrinement of either Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith or Russ Grimm to announce his decision. Although the safest bet is to interrupt **** Labeau's enshrinement (due to age reason)
3. Asking President Obama to let him speak in a State of the Union address.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I wonder what the odds for Miami to win the NBA next year just went to. Honestly I would like to know, probably now 2-1

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Brett will think of something more spectacular. My guess he'll do one of these things:
1. Announce his decision in the White House
2. Interrupting enshrinement of either Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith or Russ Grimm to announce his decision. Although the safest bet is to interrupt **** Labeau's enshrinement (due to age reason)
3. Asking President Obama to let him speak in a State of the Union address.

I'm pretty sure that were he to interrupt Emmit Smith, he would be hit by a linebacker. And not the compliance one either.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
So let me get this straight, Lebron didn't want to play for the Timberwolves? This is an outrage!!!!:chatterbox:*

*:jimlad:

If I were a T-wolves executive, I'd have issued a twitter this afternoon :"Lebron James is coming to Minneapolis - buy the ticket soon" and 45 minutes later, I'd have followed it up with "....with his new team to play the Wolves":jimlad:

Reactions: bostrem00

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Out of curiousity am I the only one that found it absolutely hilarious when they showed him that people are burning his jersey in the streets of Cleveland on live TV? Some of the best TV I've seen in awhile. I'm still laughing at his expression.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Out of curiousity am I the only one that found it absolutely hilarious when they showed him that people are burning his jersey in the streets of Cleveland on live TV? Some of the best TV I've seen in awhile. I'm still laughing at his expression.

I laughed.. What a weird thing to show him. He looked like he expected it though. Did he almost tear up?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
He shouldn't be. If this team isn't injured, they will win championships upon championships. Kobe is done winning them with this team in the mix.

Not necessarily. We will see how things play out. I'd love it if the heat just fell flat on there face and didnt win anything.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Not necessarily. We will see how things play out. I'd love it if the heat just fell flat on there face and didnt win anything.

NBA teams put together like this don't fall on their face. The Lakers and Celtics are the same type of deal.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
He shouldn't be. If this team isn't injured, they will win championships upon championships. Kobe is done winning them with this team in the mix.

Thats the problem, if one of them goes down, they are ****ed. This isn't a team, its 3 superstars and a bunch of nobodies.

Last edited: