Last 8 games..

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I think we have to all recognize that NO ONE expected to even get to 16 wins this year.

No sugar coating we're in a nasty slump right now but it's still not impossible to make the dance.

(getting ****** over at KU also hurt)
Just as much as people didn't expect getting to 16 wins in August, it would be extremely disappointing and honestly shocking to not get more than 16~17 given where the team was heading into conference play. Both things can be true. I think they were overrated ranked at #8 and thought they looked like a roughly borderline top 25 team. To me, it's just as unfair to say that people can't be frustrated and concerned with the team falling as far as they have, and specifically how they have, as it is for people calling for TJ's head.

• Winner
Reactions: Lewey24 and jctisu

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
It’s crazy, what happened to the team that outplayed KU in Lawrence or beat Texas Tech? We were good and then it all turned to ****.
More and more tape came out and teams have been better prepared than ISU has had counterpunches ready to go. That, combined with what looks like a team getting progressively more and more tired, is making them look a lot worse than I think they are/can be. The pressure is probably starting to mount for them too just to get a win and they're pressing and aren't playing freely. I don't really know the solution as to how to fix it, but finally getting a comfortable win on Saturday would do a lot of good IMO.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just as much as people didn't expect getting to 16 wins in August, it would be extremely disappointing and honestly shocking to not get more than 16~17 given where the team was heading into conference play. Both things can be true. I think they were overrated ranked at #8 and thought they looked like a roughly borderline top 25 team. To me, it's just as unfair to say that people can't be frustrated and concerned with the team falling as far as they have, and specifically how they have, as it is for people calling for TJ's head.
Best post ever! I've seen too many drop to the whole, "Guys if someone would have said we are where are at this exact moment at the beginning of the season we would all be ecstatic. We are just playing more to our expectations."

Some just can't wrap their mind around the fact that expectations can and have to change as you get more data and evidence. Going 13-0 in non-conference, getting wins in the first several conference games against Tech and Texas, you absolutely change and need to expect a bid to the dance. Not making it with the resume we have STILL to this day would be a complete meltdown and failure at this point. The Quad 1 wins alone distance us from so many other teams on the bubble, yet we are a home loss this weekend against K State from all but ending tournament talk.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If we end up 18-14 or 19-13 and miss the tournament, I would assume we end up in the NIT fairly easily.
The reason I said that is because I don’t think we will be 18-14 or 19-13 with the way we have been playing. Let’s just see if we can manage to win 1 more.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Sorry, I've typed this again and again.
In terms of record, this team is exactly where we should have expected them to be. Now, are they able to win 4 more games. Hope springs eternal. At least it does in me.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Sorry, I've typed this again and again.
In terms of record, this team is exactly where we should have expected them to be. Now, are they able to win 4 more games. Hope springs eternal. At least it does in me.

I can accept a loss at WVU. I just wish we were in it instead of blown out. We are sitting in a massive funk the past few games and it’s clearly a trend. Something just seems amiss with the players. We’ve lost any spark we had any confidence we had and just hope there isn’t any finger pointing in the locker room.

Kansas state Saturday is undoubtedly the tell tale of the season. Get a W and yes we are still in play for the tourney. Lose that game and even worse lose scoring in the low 50s or getting beaten soundly and it’s over. And if that happens I think it’s fair to say our legs are gone and people better brace for not winning another game.

At some point even other sunshine pumpers have to say there’s a point we just aren’t in ncaa tourney play anymore. Ncaa bubble teams don’t lose at home to a Kansas state. Period. End of story. So we shall see what happens.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
These stats are incredible...and I meant that in a not good definition...

I am really not trying to pick on Gabe but single him out to prove an overall three point shooting issue.

Since the loss @ Texas Tech...
  • Gabe is 4-35 from three for a stunning 11%
  • Our TEAM is 40 for 160 from three for 25%
  • We are averaging shooting 23 three pointers per game
  • WHY ARE WE SHOOTING THAT MANY THREES WHEN WE AREN'T A THREE POINT SHOOTING TEAM

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I am really not trying to pick on Gabe but single him out to prove an overall three point shooting issue.

• WHY ARE WE SHOOTING THAT MANY THREES WHEN WE AREN'T A THREE POINT SHOOTING TEAM

Well they aren't great from anywhere else and even if they do get inside, finishing has always been an issue as have free throws, etc.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009

Did you see George fight for three offensive rebounds & miss all three put backs? Our 4 “Bigs” can not score in the paint & our 3pt shooting is atrocious excluding Grill. IB can’t/won’t go right & Hunter can drive but is inconsistent. This team has shooting flaws & the B12 knows it. Doesn’t help any that they really work D which may affect the shooting (FT%). I am not going to rip on this team. They are way better than the Prohm embarrassment & they BEAT the HELL out of Iowa which makes it a great year!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Did you see George fight for three offensive rebounds & miss all three put backs? Our 4 “Bigs” can not score in the paint & our 3pt shooting is atrocious excluding Grill. IB can’t/won’t go right & Hunter can drive but is inconsistent. This team has shooting flaws & the B12 knows it. Doesn’t help any that they really work D which may affect the shooting (FT%). I am not going to rip on this team. They are way better than the Prohm embarrassment & they BEAT the HELL out of Iowa which makes it a great year!
As far as I'm concerned ANYTIME WE BEAT EIU ....Its a Winning Season!!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can accept a loss at WVU. I just wish we were in it instead of blown out. We are sitting in a massive funk the past few games and it’s clearly a trend. Something just seems amiss with the players. We’ve lost any spark we had any confidence we had and just hope there isn’t any finger pointing in the locker room.

Kansas state Saturday is undoubtedly the tell tale of the season. Get a W and yes we are still in play for the tourney. Lose that game and even worse lose scoring in the low 50s or getting beaten soundly and it’s over. And if that happens I think it’s fair to say our legs are gone and people better brace for not winning another game.

At some point even other sunshine pumpers have to say there’s a point we just aren’t in ncaa tourney play anymore. Ncaa bubble teams don’t lose at home to a Kansas state. Period. End of story. So we shall see what happens.
You got "sunshine pumpers" and "Period. End of Story." both in the same paragraph. You win the internets today.

• Haha
Reactions: dahliaclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron